One fast cat

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all! I got my kitty one fast cat and I was wondering if anyone else here has it?

I am kind of looking for tips on how long my cat should use it a day to see results?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have one, though it looks like something Jasmine might like.

What kind of results are you looking for? Weight loss? Better health? Happier cat?

It sounds as if you think you can somehow regiment your cat's exercise schedule, and except for providing interactive play time I don't believe that's possible. However, you might try rubbing some catnip into the carpet of the exercise wheel (I assume it's carpeted?) if you want your cat to use it more, assuming that your cat is one who likes catnip - some cats just ignore it. You may also be able to lure your cat in with the "red dot" (laser pointer). Beyond that, your cat will use it as and when s/he feels like it; that's just how cats are.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He goes on the wheel, and its for weight loss and happier cat! Just trying to determine how long I should do it a day

Kee

High Velocity
Young Cat
Purraise
I think as long as he's burning off excess energy, he'll be okay. When he starts getting the zoomies or very energetic, try to direct him to the wheel, so he starts to associate the two. I don't know if you'll be able to convince your cat to do it even though he doesn't want to - after all, you can't tell a cat that going on this wheel will burn calories, which means he'll be thinner and less likely to develop health conditions!

Although it may seem counter productive at first, you could give him a treat when he goes on the wheel, to make him start to build a positive relationship with it and use it more often, even if he's not overly energetic.

Good luck and post some videos!