One eye changed color overnight?

williecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is my 16 year old guy. His eyes were fine and both green yesterday. I just noticed one is sort of reddish brown now. It sort of looks bloody inside but the eye boogies are normal for him. No injury, he’s acting normal. I will try to get him in the vet tomorrow but have you ever seen this before?

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HI. I don't know about the rest of any of you who are 'old fogies', but I get popped blood vessels in my eye every now and again, for no apparent reason. They go away in a day or two, so maybe the same thing with an old gent cat of 16? Nonetheless, it is still worth a vet visit. I hope it is the same thing humans get... Please keep us posted!!

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
HI. I don't know about the rest of any of you who are 'old fogies', but I get popped blood vessels in my eye every now and again, for no apparent reason. They go away in a day or two, so maybe the same thing with an old gent cat of 16? Nonetheless, it is still worth a vet visit. I hope it is the same thing humans get... Please keep us posted!!
I wouldn't risk it. It's my understanding that the anatomy of a cat's eye is not exactly the same as humans.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wouldn't risk it. It's my understanding that the anatomy of a cat's eye is not exactly the same as humans.
I didn't say 'let it go', I said a vet visit is still in order. I was just trying to look on the potential positive side. Sorry, if it didn't read that way, and certainly hope williecat williecat didn't interpret it the way you did.

drelocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's called hyphema - blood pooling in eye. My cat had it due to uveitis. You need to bring and try to find out why this is happening and if it's an injury, uveitis and what's causing it.