Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

One Day At A Time

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by kookycats, Jan 3, 2019.

1. kookycats

kookycats Thread Starter TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 7, 2010
    Naples, Fl
    Just trying to survive the death of my husband. It's so difficult. Going to a support group at Hospice and it should help. Having a Celebration of Life in his memory on Saturday with some friends. Aside from that I am just taking one day at a time. I wish I could wake up and find this is just some horrible nightmare.

lizzie, neely, Elphaba09 and 4 others purraised this.

2. neely

neely May the purr be with you Staff Member Forum Helper

Dec 22, 2005
    My sincere regrets and deepest condolences on the loss of your husband, Paul. If it's any consolation I think you are taking the right steps by going to a support group. A Celebration of Life is an excellent idea also and it will help your close friends share their memories of him. My heartfelt sympathies go out to you. :hugs:

Furballsmom, foxxycat and white shadow purraised this.

3. Furballsmom

Furballsmom Cat Fan especially Black Cats Staff Member Forum Helper

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    I am so very very sorry to read this, you have my most sincere and heartfelt condolences for your loss.

Thank you for allowing us to share with you. Even if we can't really carry any part of the load for you, our hearts hurt for you just the same.

neely purraised this.

4. aliceneko

aliceneko TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 28, 2017
    London, England
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family. :hugs:
    My great-uncle had a Celebration of Life and it was a lovely service and I think it's a good idea. I hope you can find comfort in your support group and if you ever want to vent or post about how you feel here at TCS whether publicly or privately, don't hesitate to do so.

Furballsmom purraised this.

5. betsygee

betsygee Don't believe everything you think. Staff Member Moderator

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    I'm so sorry, Lana. I can't imagine how difficult it must be after being together for so long. :hugs: I think it's very wise to have joined a support group.

6. JamesCalifornia

JamesCalifornia TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 1, 2016
    Los Angeles
    ~ Yes this will definitely help you . Also do not be hesitant in asking Hospice for the names of grief counselors/psychologists in your area.
    Remember we are all on the same path ... your husband just left before the rest of us . :rbheart::angel3:

7. MoochNNoodles

MoochNNoodles TCS Member Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    Where my cats are
    :hugs: I've been thinking of you! I hope the celebration today was a beautiful reminder of his life. I hope the support groups are helpful to you too. :grouphug2:

micknsnicks2mom purraised this.

8. AbbysMom

AbbysMom At Abby's beck and call Staff Member Moderator

May 18, 2005
    Massachusetts
    :hugs::hugs::hugs:

9. blueyedgirl5946

blueyedgirl5946 TCS Member Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    Hugs and Prayers. I am so very sorry. A support group will help you.