On the list to adopt a kitten

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been having a lot of dreams about either having a baby or adopting a kitten and it has put the idea in my head about adopting a kitten. The rescue where I got my cats from has been posting on their Instagram about a litter of kittens that are almost ready to be adopted. I was interested in adopting the bonded pair (a boy and a girl) and I could have easily gotten them right away, but after some consideration, I realized that adopting two kittens might just be a little too much work for me right now. I settled on just looking for a single kitten. The other kitten in that litter though was already spoken for so I'm on the waitlist. Since kitten season is upon us, I should be adopting one fairly soon and also because I had no requirements for the kitten in terms of temperament, how it looks or if it is good with dogs or kids. I hope my cats will adjust to him or her quickly. I'm planning names already.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Best of luck, I'm sure you will find the right kitten soon and when you do we can't wait to hear about him or her. :heartshape:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They're still young, so hopefully they'll be accepting of a newbie. Just be prepared to keep the kitten separated from them at first, and let them set the pace. It's better to go slowly, than rush and end up with stressed cats. Generally, btw, older cats accept kittens more quickly than they do adult cats, but every cat is different. Good luck. Let us know if/when you adopt a kitten.