OMG... my allergies are killing me!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know I'm not the only one! This is the worse they have been in years! They got so bad that I developed a double ear infection
not good! Especially when you don't have med insurance
well I just stopped taking the antibiotics for that last friday, and now it feels like my ears are messing up again
I started taking clariten-d last week-and have been taking benadryl every day- nothing seems to help
I have some prednisone from the last time they flared up like this. I think I'm going take them for a week or so, and see if that helps.

Anyone else have severe flare-ups like this?
Got any advice for me?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

I know I'm not the only one! This is the worse they have been in years! They got so bad that I developed a double ear infection
well I just stopped taking the antibiotics for that last friday, and now it feels like my ears are messing up again
I started taking clariten-d last week-and have been taking benadryl every day- nothing seems to help
I have some prednisone from the last time they flared up like this. I think I'm going take them for a week or so, and see if that helps.

Got any advice for me?
Awww! I get major allergies but mine dont *usally* bother me until like Aug/Sept. I feel for you though!! I have that same problem~nothing ya take, helps!! And its very frustrating!! Have ya ever had an allergy shot? I am going to get one again this year, they seem to help some what.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't even want to know about my allergies.....they suck. Not only am I semi allergic to the normal stuff, but cats, and SMOKE! The absolute worst thing to be allergic to. Just this year I have all ready got acute sinunitis, ear infection, and sinus infection just from smoke. For anyone who hates the new rules poping up everywhere banning smoking in food areas and some bars I'm SOOOO thankful for them!!!

I went to the hy-vee drug store and bought sinus allergy stuff (hy-vee brand) right off the shelf. It works great for the pain and the stuffiness! I'm not sure if that is your problem. Of course, if you get sinus infection or ear infection you have to go to the doc. If you don't there is a chance of blood poisoning or other related issues that you would much less like to deal with.

My doctor and I have a little thing worked out that if I just call and tell him that I have sinus infection he will give me the meds and a quick check up for a much lessor price. I've gotten at least three sinus infections a year in the last 4 years so I'm pretty dang good at diagnosing sinus infection/ear infection by now!!!!

Good luck!

Oh and if you get the infections a lot you should talk to your doc about what mine does for me. He also will give me free samples of the meds since I'm their so much, ask about that too! That way you won't have to spend as much!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no. never done the shot thing. Honestly, I've never even had an allergy test
which is wierd- because almost everyone I talk to with bad allergies has had several of them. Mine also change which time of year they will strike. Used to only be early spring & fall, and hardly ever this bad! I just can't figure out why they are acting this way in the middle of summer
It has been REALLY hot and humid- maybe that has something to do with it.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eeep! Luckily enough, I don't have a problem with allergies

I am sending you many relief vibes though{{{{}}}}

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your well-wishes everyone!

Thankfully, I have been going to the same doctor since I was like 8 years old. I've had enough ear infections in my lifetime to last the entire human race for eternity!!! So yeah, I pretty much know when I have one. Thats what happened this last time- I called my doc, told him what was going on with my ears/throught- and the fact that I did'nt have a job at the moment and was without insurance- he simply called my script in to the pharmacy for me
which was such a relief! On top of feeling bad, I felt horrible because I did'nt know how I was going to afford a Dr. visit-let alone the prescription.

I took a prednisone about 2 hours ago- what a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can actually eat/drink without pain while swallowing
So I'll stay on them for a week or so, and see if that fixes it- if not, then I'll have to scrounge up some $$$$ and go see the doc.

The thing that I hate most about my allergies is that I have no warning signs. I'll be perfectly fine one day, wake up the next morning with sinus/ear infection
but, I know this-and in knowing that,I should stay on clariten or some other allergy medication for the rest of my life. That will be the first thing I get in trouble for if I have to go into the Dr. office! I never take my allergy meds until its too late

EnzoLeya : I cannot stand cigarette smoke!!!!!! One wiff and my nose/sinuses get blocked up! Smoke is the worst irratant of all time IMO

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have hay fever in the summer, but it has gotten much better over the years.
especially since I am not around a whole bunch of weeds and hay.
I hope you feel better soon.
allergies suck!

pinkrhinos4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

Got any advice for me?
Is this like hay-fever? I have hay-fever in England and It can get bad at this time of year... My eyes go puffy, my throat tickles and I'm sneezing constantly.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, hay fever. I have everything that is associated with sinusus/allergies.
Hay fever, sinutus(sp?) asthma, excema...... I really, really, really should know better by now. I guess I am just hardheaded
I somehow think my body is going to overcome the allergies- the allergens have a different idea
I just don't understand why it gets so bad at times!?! Ive had sinutus and ear infection ALOT but only suffered from hay fever about 4 or 5 times in my life
I just don't get it. I guess this year is just a bad hay-fever year for me. I just wish I knew why :-(