OMG Is this sad or what? Must Read!!!!

kittycatlover24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kitten crusher gets six years

By REID MAGNEY / La Crosse Tribune

The man who stomped on a kitten's head will spend six years in prison.

Citing Randy Lee Whitney's "absolute lack of remorse," La Crosse County Judge John Perlich sentenced him to prison Tuesday, citing the need to protect society.

"I haven't read a presentence investigation in years that has scared me as much as this one," Perlich said. "If there was ever a person who had no regard for the law or the rules of civilized society, no morals or ability to make moral judgments, or to comply with reasoned thinking, that person is described in this report."

But killing the kitten wasn't the only reason for Perlich's long sentence.

Whitney, 22, of La Crosse, also pleaded guilty to violating sex offender registration requirements, bail jumping and several counts of theft.

Whitney has previous convictions for sexually abusing a 5- to 6-year-old boy and numerous home burglaries, said Deputy District Attorney Loralee Clark. "He's a compulsive liar."

Referring to the presentence investigation that detailed Whitney's life and criminal history, Perlich concluded, "unfortunately, there's not much hope of rehabilitation."

Whitney said nothing when Perlich gave him the chance to speak.

Through his attorney John Brinckman, Whitney had requested a sentence of between two and 21/2 years for the animal cruelty charge.

Perlich gave him four years in prison and two more of extended supervision.

On the felony bail jumping and misdemeanor theft charges relating to stealing mail from Three Rivers Martial Arts on July 13 — a day after getting out of jail on bond — Perlich sentenced Whitney to two years in prison and two years of extended supervision.

The sentences are consecutive, meaning a total of six years in prison and four years of supervision.

Whitney also got 60 days in jail for stealing items from two University of Wisconsin-La Crosse students at Murphy Library on June 16.

The kitten incident happened June 14 at the State Street apartment of people Whitney was staying with. One of the owners told police Whitney intentionally stepped on the head of her 10-week-old kitten, named Baby. They took the kitten to the veterinarian, but the animal did not survive the night.

Another woman told police she saw Whitney hit the kitten in the head and throw it to the floor a few days before the animal's death.

I could not beleive that someone could do this to a poor innocent animal, i want to personally go down and beat the man that did this. I Cried when i read it. In my opinion this guy should be getting at least 15 years in prison, not six!! I don't know what much more to say cause i am just speechless at the mere mention of this happening.

Jasmine and Donita

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my God!!!!
I cant believe that people can be so cruel

I dont know what to say, this is too sad, it really hurts to think about things like that.

joe1959

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just hope that his cellmates will give him the same kind of treatment.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is really tragic! Thank goodness that the judge has the courage to make the sentences consecutive instead of concurrent - he is so right - the society has to be protected from this MONSTER, esp. little children & kittens...

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad there is a WI judge out there that sentenced him to prison. Too bad this won't get more press.

salem cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just imagine what he will do in 6 years when he gets out, if the sentence sticks and he's not let out because of an over crowded prison or worse, good behavior....

He will kill again, I'm sure of it...but this time it wont be a kitten, it will be a person, and he wont care. It's really scarey that this cant be prevented...but that's how are system works

taffygirl_2005

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is just awful. How could a person do that to an innocent little kitten? Or any animal at all. In my opinion he should get life without parole. That is so sick. One thing I want to do is prevent the cruelty to animals as so many animals are being abused and mistreated. A person like that should not be with animals or people for that matter.

I'd go down to and beat his head in just like he did that poor kitten.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sad story! We sure have some winners in WI? Wasn't that guy that wanted cat hunting to be legalized also from LaCrosse? I am glad that the judge punished this man to the full extent of the law!