Omelette crossed over the bridge

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These 'signs' we receive are not clear cut or something that we can predict. Like the pigeon that was sent for Tiger, and my own Chrissy's sideways shooting star (leave it to that little princess to send a sign so spectacular!) they will be instantly recognized for what they are. I felt a closeness, a feeling of peace invade my soul. It was so overwhelming I felt stunned, I was crying and didn't even know it.  As the years go by, you also begin to doubt what you saw and felt. That is normal too, because it is almost impossible for our logical minds to accept something so God sent. Just be aware for anything unusual or out of place, open your mind and your soul to reach out to that special little one, they want to reassure us that they will always follow us, no matter where we go. Do not grieve if you never seem to receive a sign, that doesn't mean you never will, or never did, just let your mind open to that beautiful little face and the love you felt will flood your heart once again. Two souls once bonded, will never allow the other to forget what once was, and shall ever be!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you both again for your thoughts on signs that our kitties send us from the other side.I have had feelings from my other fur babies that have passed.Sometimes at night I believe I feel a kitty jumping up onto the bed,and snuggling.This has to be one of them ,since these two that I am lucky to still have are asleep at my feet.I know that it can be something subtle or overt,or perhaps somewhere in between.Any slight sign from Omelette would ease my mind now as to how she might be doing over the rainbow bridge.I understand that this might never occur, but I am hopeful that it might.I had such a tight bond with her,and am keeping an open mind.I know that other worldly things exist outside our everyday logic.I will look for these signs.I am just having a very hard time with her loss,but I know that she is watching me,as I am sending out love to her.Omelette must know how very much she was loved. Thank you again for your interest in us,everything that you have said is appreciated and has helped.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today is two months since loosing darling Omelette.I am still having a hard time dealing with all of the feelings associated with loss.I have been calling out her name to talk to her ,and let her know she is and always will be loved by me.The deep sorrow I am feeling is bringing home just how very much she meant to me.I look around and imagine all the cute and wonderful things she used to do.I am really going to miss walking her out on her leash along with my other kitty Oubie this Spring.I see that he is missing her too.Loosing her was so profound ,as I was not aware of her being so ill till it was too late to save her.I know there is nothing more I can do except to feel as I do, and remember all the wonderful times I spent with her.Omelette was the ray of sunshine in my life,and she will live in my heart forever.The amount of love I was lucky enough to have from her was remarkable.I want to reach out to all of you who find yourselves here.Know that all our beloved kitties realize how very much we loved them.We all will never forget them,and all the love they were capable of imparting to us for the time we were fortunate enough to love them. I am sending hugs, hope, healing ,and love out to all of you.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
It is hard to imagine that 2 months have gone by. 

It's always difficult to do things that we used to do with our kitties who have left us - the reminders can be so sharp and painful.  I hope that Oubie's happiness at being outside on his leash again will help with the sorrow of knowing that Omelette is not there with you.  Have you considered adopting another cat or are you still not ready?  That's not always an easy decision, I know.   My heart just goes out to you in your grief and I wish for you to find some comfort.

Many hugs to you and Oubie. 

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want to thank you Margd for responding to my posts.It has been very heartbreaking, and devastating for me.I am lucky to have all of you here to share these feelings with. I do not know when of if I will adopt another Kitty, time will tell.Thank you Zed Xyzed,and Margd for those hugs.Oubie and I really needed them.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
You're very welcome. 
  I know what it is to feel the deep pain of losing a dearly loved kitty.  It never goes away, but it does gradually lose some its intensity.  Meanwhile being able to talk about it to people who understand can provide real comfort. 

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you Margd for your interest in my Omelette.I know you totally understand how I am feeling.She was the light in my life,and kept me going.I am devastated.

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry and can relate to your losses. It is devastating and heartbreaking to lose your best friend. I just joined this group today to find support for me and what have been dealing with losing my girl, Meela. The pain is so intense and the regret is so very strong. Even though I knew there was a 50/50 shot with her recovery, I didn't expect it to end this way and I am just at a lose. I loved her so much and miss her deeply.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today was beautiful here in Orange County N.Y. I took my kitty Oubie out for a walk in the back near the river.The deep profound sadness of the absence of Omelette hit me hard.I was waiting all winter to walk her on her leash.Oubie, I believe felt this also.It is now over two months without her in my life.I am so devastated.Nothing is the same,and I really feel her loss.She had such a deep impact on our lives.My heart goes out to each and everyone of you who are in this place.It is a very hard time,being Spring ,and having  such a deep loss.I am so sad that Omelette can no longer hear the birds sing.She loved to watch and hear them.Hugs to all of you!

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow will be three months since I lost my precious Omelette.I am still crying over her.I miss all the wonderful times we had,and all the love we shared.I sometimes feel her around,and see her out of the corner of my eye.I realize how diminished my life has become since she crossed over.It is so quiet and there is such a lack of activity that was shared between my other two cats and her.I know Speewee and Oubie feel the loss too.She gave so much love and brought so much joy.I feel so empty without her here.The pain of loss is so very great to bare.I want to reach out to Meelasmom,and Antonio65,. and his wife.I have not forgotten your losses of Lola, and Meela. It is so heartbreaking to find ourselves here in grief over our darling kitties.To all of you who are here I am sending out healing and love to each of you.

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kittylove53, how are you doing? I just read that you have experienced signs of a cat jumping on your bed, but nothing was there. Talk to me! I have had that happen several times in the past. At first, it freaked me out. But then I realized it had to be one of the three I lost over the last few years. Recently, I have had it happen and I truly believe it's my Meela. It's a light jump and Meela was not a big cat. So I want to take comfort in thinking that it's her.

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And yes, the pain is almost too much to bare. Some days are better than others, but today has been a bad day and I'm only a couple hours into it. When Meela had to have the surgery, I applied for Care Credit. I just got the bill and have to pay that money back. Here I sit crying because I don't have her and the surgery was the beginning to losing her.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry about Omelette being gone for 3 months now. I know it hurts like crazy.
Have you thought of getting a kitten Would Speewee and Oubie take to one?

I know Omelette was watching you and Oubie on your walk this morning. She would
not want you to be sad.

Hugs,

Mia

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi to you meelasmom!
Thank you for thinking of me.I have had similar experiences with my other kitties that have crossed over years ago. I have felt them on my bed either jumping up or touching me.Last night I was watching a movie the room was dark, and I believe I saw a dark shadow run across my lap.It was very fast ,but it had no weight to it.I assume it was Omelette giving me a sign that she was there.I know how you feel getting a bill when your baby is gone.I cry time to time throughout the days.It hits me hard that I no longer have my Omelette here to hug.Some days are worse than others,and I know how painful all of this really is.I am missing her more when the sun is out and the birds are singing.She loved to sit and watch them.I know how much you are missing Meela! The love we get from these wonderful little beings makes me even sadder.I talk to Omelette to let her know how much I will always love her.Sending hugs to you.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi mia6
Thank you for answering me.I really do not know if Oubie or Speewee will be ready for a new kitty. I am just so sad,and I know that Omelette would not want me to be feeling this way.I just can't help it.I am trying to feel a bit better but it is very hard right now.Thank you again for your interest.I will be posting more!

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi mia6 and kittylove53. I weep for all of us. Some days are better for me than others. Today as I lay here I just broke down. I can't get that last hour out of my head. Meeka, Meela's dad, came and saw me crying. He put his paw on my cheek and started lickng my tears.

I don't think any of our babies would want us to cry over them, not like this.

And yes I have had the cats in the bed before. Twice recently and I truly believe it was Meela. Before then I think it was either buddy or Neeni. It was way before Meela.

I didn't say much to anyone becausebibknowbthey would tho I was crazy. There is no doubt about it. I know what it feels like when a cat jumps on the bed and there were NO cats to be seen.
That has to be sign right? Does that mean Meela forgives me?

I wish I could go back I never would have put her down. I was wrong. It wasn't her time I just know it. I feel so horrible.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittylove53, I have re-read your first post and it still hurts me.
When I first joined this forum the only posts I read were the ones in the Crossing the Bridge section, because I wanted to get ready to when my moment would have come. I read dozens of threads, yours was one of the first.
It's incredible that Omelette and my Lola passed away at the same time, 4:33 pm.
This must be a sign that they have more in common than we may think.
Hopefully one day you and I will feel a bit better. Right now I'm still heartbroken and there are days when I feel worse than my usual.
Hugs to you and kisses to Omelette!

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want to thank everyone here who has replied to my posts on Omelette! I finally have her as my avatar,now you all can see her.I do believe that one night last week I was sitting watching a movie,I think that I saw a dark shadow cross my lap, and continue onto the floor.I felt no weight,but am sure it was Omelette.She was letting me know that she was still around me.I am still crying for her ,and I am sure this will continue for a long time to come.I am missing her more and more.Whenever I see the sunshine,and hear the birds sing,I am wishing that she was here to see, and hear all the beauty of Spring.I am taking Oubie out now that the weather is warmer up here.We both miss having her along.Her loss has been so profound in so many ways.I am sending hugs out to all of you who are also in this place.