Omelette crossed over the bridge

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
My heart reaches out to you as well.  It can be a good thing when a cat returns in a dream, as I found out myself.  My dear Milo showed up in a dream about a year or so after he passed away and it was like we had extra time to be together again.  I woke up feeling so peaceful and happy, having had one more time with him.  May you have similar dreams about Omelette and I hope she doesn't make you wait so long.  

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
It seems like forever until we go see them on the other side doesn't it? I have been thinking about you and want to send you hugs and hoping that the pain releases it's hold on you. Having lost special kitties myself I know all too well how much it hurts. Even more so when they are our heart kitty. Sending you big hugs and I am so sorry again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want to thank all of you for your lovely thoughts,and hugs.The pain is very great,and will be felt for a long long time.She was a very special kitty and I am missing her more every day.It is so good to have all of you to talk to,it really helps.I hope I can have some special time with her again in my dreams. If that happens I will let all of you know.Thank all of you again for your beautiful messages.Hugs to all of you.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today marks three weeks since I lost my precious Omelette.I was in the Shoprite near where I live and walking down the cat aisle was very painful.I used to like getting all the cat accessories,now it just makes me very sad.My male cat Obie is also sad.He was playing with one of her toys.It made me feel so bad for him also.He tries to comfort me,by coming over more often than he used to,to be petted.She was the bright light in our lives that has been snuffed out too soon.I miss holding her,petting her,hearing her purr,and her perfumed scent.I deeply feel for everyone else who finds themselves here.Sending many hugs to you all.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad you and Obie have each other.  This is such a sad time - my heart aches for both of you. 
   Maybe it would help to get Obie a new toy?  That might bring a little cheer to both of you. 

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want to thank you Nevroth,for your hugs and understanding.Margd thank you very much for that advice.Obie could probably be helped with a new toy.I also have a female cat Speewee who is a bit older than Obie.She will play with him,but not as much as Omelette did.She gets a bit annoyed.It is a very hard time for the kitties and me ,and I am glad to hear from you.I will continue to post .It gets hard at different parts of the day, when I feed them and Omelette is not there for example.I miss her wandering into the kitchen when I am cooking to see what I am doing.Thank you again for your help.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Barbara,

That is so sweet of Obie to try and comfort you. I think a new toy for him & Speewee is a great idea! 

I haven't forgotten about you. I will respond to your pm tomorrow, when I can take more time to do so. 

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It has now been a month and three days since I lost my beloved Omelette.I am having bouts of crying.I am remembering all the things she did.I picture her sitting on the bed,her favorite spot was on the spread on top of the pillows.I see her sitting with Obie at the window. Obie walks around calling,I don't know if it is him calling out to her.I know he misses playing with her.They also used to sleep together on the bed.Now Speewee is doing that.Obie is snuggling a bit more than he used to.I am glad about that. He knows how I feel.It seems so empty without her here.Obie and Speewee play,and run around with each other,but Obie misses her there.I know how much it hurts all of us who are here now.I am glad that I can share how I feel with all of you.It helps so much to be able to reach out to others who are feeling so much pain.To love a cat so very much was a wonderful time in my life.The love she gave me,I will hold in my heart forever.I feel she knew how much she meant to me, and how much we all loved her.I am hoping for a sign that she is alright over the bridge.Hugs and understanding to all of you who find yourselves here.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
For being such little beings, they sure do manage to make an enormous impact on our lives.  I am sorry that you and Obie are in such pain and wish there was something I could do or say that would help.  These are such difficult times after our precious cats leave us.  I hope you get the sign you are waiting for.  Best wishes to all three of you - I'm glad you have the comfort of each other.  

growlithe66

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear of your sweet Omelette. You gave her the best anyone could do for her, and when her time came, you gave her the greatest gift by preventing her from suffering. She was so lucky to have such wonderful family. I promise that the pain left in her absence will get better. Let yourself grieve, but remember that you did the right thing. Take comfort from the sweet memories, like the precious trick you described for us. You're in our thoughts and hearts.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you Margd and ,growlith66 for reading my posts on my precious Omelette.Yes it is so hard to feel so much pain from the loss of our precious kitties.Omelette was such a personality, and her loss has been devastating.It was unexpected and sudden at least to me.She however knew that something was wrong.Omelette would want more petting before she became ill than before.I thought that she just wanted to be around me more of the time.It is these little clues that are overlooked by us.I also noticed that last summer she wanted to go back into her carrier even though she was on her leash outside.She also wanted to be secluded in the brush.This was also a sign. I did not get it.Cats hide their feeling sick too long.I thought that since she was eating and jumping around that she was okay.Also she looked a little thinner than before.She was never fat,but If I had noticed this ,it was another sign that I missed.I hope that this will help others look more closely at their kitties.Even slight  changes in looks or behavior are clues to not be ignored.It has been over a month now,and I am missing her more every day.I know that she will live on in my heart forever.Thank you both again for your helpful,caring thoughts.I needed the support that I have received here.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
It is not always easy to see any changes in our cats, like you said they are masters at hiding bad things. When Simon was getting thinner and not feeling well, I took him to the vet, they took bloodwork and checked him out, and thought he was getting a bit thinner because he was getting older, then about a year or so later he got very sick very fast and it was stomach cancer. I thought too, "I should have seen it or done something else", but they told me how cats hide things from us, and sometimes even if we do find what is wrong, sometimes it is very tough on the cat if we operate or have to do things to them and for them, sometimes I think it would be better for them to move onto their next life rather than be here and be a shell of themselves. It always reminds me of what our dear neighbor Chuck who passed years ago used to say "there are worse things in this life than death", and I know what he means. But no matter how we look at it, it is so so very hard when we loose our beloved friends and family members.

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, we certainly understand how you feel and how hard it is to deal with, God Bless.....

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is now a month and thirteen days since I lost my darling Omelette.I miss her sweet face as she would come into the kitchen to be fed.I miss her sweet smell, and picking her up to hug ,and her purring against me.Her personality for such a small creature was huge in my life.Her innocence, her undying love is so sorely missed.Soon it will be spring,and the time for rebirth of all the beautiful sights and smells of the season.Obie and I will go out alone from now on without Omelette.It is not so much that time heals,but that new events enter our lives, and changes happen.Nothing can ever replace the hole in my heart that is there from losing Omelette.Life moves forward no matter what, or how much our heart aches.I am sending out a wellspring of hugs to all that have recently lost beloved pets.I hope healing will come to all of us who are here now. Thank all of you for reading about Omelette.

wealthy1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hugs to you kittyloeve53!! I understand. Tiger's one month anniversary is tomorrow. I usually put my headphones on and dance around my apartment with her chasing me or jumping up in the air. I can't do that because she's not here.

But Omelette knows she was loved by you and her fur friends.

It has now been a month and three days since I lost my beloved Omelette.I am having bouts of crying.I am remembering all the things she did.I picture her sitting on the bed,her favorite spot was on the spread on top of the pillows.I see her sitting with Obie at the window. Obie walks around calling,I don't know if it is him calling out to her.I know he misses playing with her.They also used to sleep together on the bed.Now Speewee is doing that.Obie is snuggling a bit more than he used to.I am glad about that. He knows how I feel.It seems so empty without her here.Obie and Speewee play,and run around with each other,but Obie misses her there.I know how much it hurts all of us who are here now.I am glad that I can share how I feel with all of you.It helps so much to be able to reach out to others who are feeling so much pain.To love a cat so very much was a wonderful time in my life.The love she gave me,I will hold in my heart forever.I feel she knew how much she meant to me, and how much we all loved her.I am hoping for a sign that she is alright over the bridge.Hugs and understanding to all of you who find yourselves here.

wealthy1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ask for your sign, she will send it. 
Interesting that you would say that. Last week was a very heavy point for me I was crying because I was missing tiger again. And I just so happen to look out my window. And I saw a pigeon looking down straight through my bedroom window and it was weird because I stood there for like 2 to 3 minutes and this pitch and kelp looking at me through my window.

I took it as a sign that I'm going to be okay even though Tigers no longer with me. Also the Tigers in God's loving arms. And that I will be okay to move on.

Omelette is okay as well. Trust that she's in a better place. And continue to love her babies because there are plenty out there that need a love

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Many hugs to you and Obie. 
  Omelette was such a special kitty.  

Your grief is heartbreaking, a grief many of us understand completely because we've been through it as well.  I used to look for a sign from my Wesley and/or Milo who had crossed the bridge but finally gave up because either it hadn't come or, if it had, I hadn't realized it. Then one night, I had the most wonderful, lifelike dream of Milo.  We just had a normal day together, that was all.  I woke up filled with a vast peace and happiness, having been able to spend one more day with my boy.  It didn't make me miss him more, somehow it made me miss him less, as though we had touched each other again through our spirits.  It sounds corny, I know.   Even so, I hope you someday receive a similar message that gives you comfort and helps you smile again. 

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want to thank you Wealthy1,Di and Bob, and Margd. You have all been so helpful with your thoughts,and insights.I am just having a truly hard time with Omelette's loss.Your words have been a comfort to me. I hope I will be lucky enough to notice if Omelette sends me a sign that she is okay.It also would be wonderful if she visited me in a dream so we could have some time together.I will post if any of these things happen.Hugs to all of you for taking the time to post,and offer your support.I am truly thankful to have all of you.