Omelette crossed over the bridge

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, it has happened my worst nightmare. My beloved Omelette Crossed over The Rainbow Bridge today at around 4:33 pm.She suffered so much when the tumor grew too much for the pills to overcome.I am totally overwhelmed with grief.She was so innocent, trusting, loving ,and the most wonderful kitty anyone could hope for.I am heartbroken.She meant so very much to me. Omelette would do a little trick.She would sit in front of you and put her paw out to you with her elbow bent.Then I would say all the way, and she extended her arm out to you.She was a rescue. I had her for four amazing years.She was only six years old. She had a litter of kittens four years ago,I spayed her last year.She had six of the most adorable healthy kittens.She was a wonderful kitty mom.She will live in my heart forever,I do not know how I am going to live without her.She was a Torti-Cali with a little tail.Everyone told me how beautiful she was.I want to thank all of you for taking an interest in my story.I am finding it very hard to keep from crying.Thank all of you again.I was holding her and talking softly to her when she passed.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you find some comfort in knowing that you saved her and gave her and her little ones a wonderful life. It is absolutely crushing when we lose such a dear friend. My heart goes out to you. Omelette you will always be loved by your family, run free from pain sweet girl  

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very sorry to hear that Omelette has passed on.  It must have been a great comfort to her to have been in your loving arms when she breathed her last.  I know how much you loved this dear girl and like you, I was hoping for a miracle.  You gave her so much love and tender care, it undoubtedly helped her hang in there with you a little longer.  

It is a tradeoff when they leave us.  They are pain-free while our pain has just begun.  There are so many of us here who have had our hearts broken, just as yours is broken right now.   She will live on in your heart and memories and with time, the devastating sense of loss should fade a bit and you hopefully can begin to enjoy those memories of better times.  Until then, allow yourself to grieve for your little girl and remember that she loved you as much as you loved her.

RIP Dear Omelette.  You were a very special girl.  Run free and wild over the bridge.  

Last edited:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear of your loss, they do work their way into our hearts forever. You did a wonderful thing taking care of her, it was just her time to go even though she was so young, and the time we have them never seems to be enough, but you will cherish those memories forever.

I hope your heart starts to heal a bit each day, take care and God Bless......

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barbara,

I am so sorry. As I've said in our PMs, you did the very best for her that you could. You diligently have been caring for her, even hand feeding her for weeks, to make sure she would eat. Omelette knows how very much you loved her, & cared for her every day. Like @Margd  said, unfortunately,  It's a trade off. They are free from their sick bodies, & pain, but leave us brokenhearted & missing them.  She is free to run & play in heaven's sunshine now, with all of our precious TCS kitties that have crossed the rainbow bridge. I'm sure her spirit will also be by your side as much as you need her. 

Thinking of & praying for you,  

Kelly

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, your posts brings tears to my eyes.
Just know that I am crying right along with you. Your poor, sweet Omelette was way too young to go. I will never understand why young,innocent, loving, creatures must go. The love you have for your Omelette is so evident in your words. Just always remember that you did everything possible to help her, and she loved you for it. I wish I had some magic words to help ease your pain. I can only hope that one day you can think of your sweet Omelette with more smiles than tears. She is still with you (in her own special place) in yoyr heart. She will remain there always.
RIP Precious Omelette!
Please comfort your loved ones, as they miss you so terribly.
Let them know that you love them and are still with them always.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cry with you, the emptiness in our hearts and our homes is unbearable at the beginning. She loved you so very much, I'm sure it comforted her greatly to have you by her side as she takes her new life's journey. She will always be tied to your heart and soul by the strong bond of love you both developed, her new path will always parallel yours until it meets again. Concentrate on the good she brought into your life, she was in it for a reason. The pain you are going through is bad, but the love and happiness she brought you is priceless. Her pain is gone now, she is once again whole and healthy. She will always have a special spot in your heart and your memories, this can never be taken from you. She was an innocent, so sweet and loving, let those memories now bring you comfort in your time of grief. She would never want you to be so sad when remembering her, let your heart fill with sunshine and happiness so that she may share in it. Thank you for letting bus know of this special girl, she will be thought of by many on this day, as she so richly deserves. Take care......RIP beautiful Omelette, you shared a loved that will never be forgotten. Send what comfort you can to the one who will always miss your sweetness and loving presence, a heart left behind hurts so very much, but the angels rejoice in receiving your tiny spirit. Sleep tight beautiful Princess!  

tiptopper

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our heart goes out to you during this sad difficult time. Cherish the memories you have with Omelette and know she had a wonderful loving life because of you.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
:rbheart: so very sorry for your loss. many of us at TCS have lost our angels. May our angels be showing Omelette how to use her wings. May my Floey be showing her how to play and chase mice. I'm in tears as well. You showed love for all you helped her with. May our hearts help you through this difficult time. :rbheart::rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want to thank all of you for your beautiful thoughts and words.Omelette was truly one of my greatest loves. She brought so much love and happiness into my life,I thanked her for all of the happy days she had given to me and my family.I named all of my other beloved kitties that have crossed over before her so she would know they were there to greet her.She was indeed an unbelievable kitty.Her wonderful nature and innocence will penetrate my heart forever.Even though I knew this day was coming we are never prepared for the heartache that comes with this.I am truly devastated. Our precious kitties have a way of hiding their illnesses until it is too late.My male kitty Obie was her playmate and I can see how this has left him feeling.He licked her on several occasions during her illness. He misses her.She was overly desirous of my attention in the weeks prior to this.You would think that after so much experience I would have realized that this was a warning signal.She knew that the end was coming.I however did not.I thought that it was her just being more affectionate.I know that even if I had caught on it was too late.The fluid in her lungs had built up to the point that the vet could not see the tumor on the X-ray.He told me he was quite sure that it was a tumor that had been growing for some time.She was given a shot to try and empty the fluid from her lungs.This worked and her labored breathing was helped.I was given Furosemide to administer half a pill twelve hours apart.This helped for about three weeks.She was rapidly loosing weight,I hand fed her as much as possible.I tried to make her comfortable. I want to thank all of you and praise you all for your concern and compassion.I am so thankful for this wonderful site and all the love I am feeling from you.I will continue to post.It is so difficult to put all of our feelings into words.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
To everyone on Crossing The Bridge! Today is a week since I lost my precious Omelette.I have been thinking about her constantly,amid bouts of crying.She was so very special to me.My other kitty Obie is also sad, and so is Speewee.I will never forget how much love she gave to me and I wanted to write about her.It is so very hard for all of us here to go through the loss of a beloved kitty.She helped me through hard times,and was always there for me.I am trying to focus on all the wonderful times we shared,like taking Obie and her out in the warm weather on their leashes.This Spring we will be on our own.I picture her on the desk throwing things down that she was interested in.Doing the trick she was taught of reaching out to me a little, and then when I said all the way she extended her paw out further.She loved the laser pointer and all three of them would chase it together.I picture her on the window sill.I see her doing all the running,jumping and playing that all kitties do.I will miss her forever.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you posted an update.  I was wondering how you were doing.  These anniversaries can be so painful - my heart goes out to you. Omelette was such an intelligent, special kitty.  She brought something precious to your life and though she has moved on, the memories of her precious gifts are still in your heart. Someday, I hope you can find comfort in remembering those good times.  For now, I know things are still too raw. Sending you many hugs  

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
These special days and anniversaries are truly hard on our hearts. The pain can be so unbearable at times, that we may feel like we literally can't breathe. My heart aches for the pain you are going through. I know how hard it is. It has only been a week, and the pain is still very raw. I wish I knew the right words to say to comfort you. I only hope you start remembering your baby with more smiles.
Please take care!
Love and Hugs are being sent to you!

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want to thank all of you for your caring words.Omelette was such an innocent and loving kitty.She had a wonderful personality as well as being a beautiful slightly different Kitty.She had a facial blaze,as well as having Torti- Cali coloring.She also had a small tail ,and had a solid body type.She was truly unique.I am totally devastated.You all have helped so very much by responding. We all have been here before,but that does not ease a broken heart.I am lucky to have all of you to talk with,going this alone would hurt even more.I have lost many beloved kitties over the past years.Omelette holds a very special place in my heart.I did not expect to loose her now.It was totally unexpected,and that has made it even harder.I thank all of you for your understanding,loving words and hugs.I will continue to update.

nevroth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wanted to add my heartfelt condolences for the loss of your precious baby Omelette. It was obvious how deeply you cared for her, and your little stories of her antics were beautiful to read. I know the pain is great, but know that she's pain free herself and will be waiting for you on the other side.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today is two weeks and a day since I lost my beloved Omelette.The profound sadness I am feeling will be there for a very long time.I have put up prints of her in my room.I talk to her throughout the day, and I hope that she will send me a sign that she is okay.I will never loose the great love she has given me.Nothing can take that away.I let her know that I will never stop loving,and thinking of her.I wish that I could hold her close to me again,and smell her sweet familiar scent.I will see her in my dreams,and hug her there.I know so many of you here are in the same pain.I take it one day at a time as that is all I can do.My heart reaches out to all of you here.Hugs.