Oma’s Pride freeze dried

Crazycatwmn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just bought Oma’s Pride freeze dried chicken/turkey patties and im not sure about a few things. The package states that it’s raw/freeze-dried/dehydrated but no where does it warn you about cross contamination like Stella and chewys (wash hot soapy water etc) does anyone know why? Also the directions say to add 3 tbsp of water to rehydrat. Does anyone have suggestions on how to hydrate faster? I feel like I’m missing a piece of informatio. Thank you in advance ❤

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's always a cross contamination risk with any kind of raw product. Maybe the company just assume people are aware of that risk and will handle the product properly. If you have concerns about the package not being labeled with a safety risk, you can contact the company and ask.

You can add more than 3 tablepoons of water to any freeze dried food :) The company might suggest that amount but feel free to use more water. You can't really make food soak up water faster. Just let it soak for 15 minutes or longer before a meal instead of expecting it to completely rehydrate in 15 seconds or something :) Crumbling the food up into smaller pieces may help the food soak up water a little faster than a whole patty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Crazycatwmn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow talk about common sense! i Can’t believe that it went over my head like that. Thank you so much for your reply!