Olivia Benson breeder

Seadreamer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!!

Does anyone know the name of the breeder from whom Taylor Swift purchased her cat Olivia Benson? Looking to contact this breeder. Thanks

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea how anyone would find that out. Maybe if you contact her PR people, they'd be nice enough to say? Though the breeder may not want that kind of publicity. Causes more trouble than anything.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you just looking for a Scottish Fold, or do you specifically need to talk with this breeder (for an interview or something)?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seadreamer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have my heart set on getting a healthy cat that's as close to Olivia Benson's appearance as possible. She is truly my dream cat. I'v attempted to find other breeders who work with the same colors, but have had no success. Not looking to cause any problems, just want my dream cat. :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not possible to get a "healthy" folded-ear cat----they all will develop some degree of cartilage deformity. But that's a whole different topic ;).

Which part of her looks do you like that you don't see from most breeders? Maybe someone knows of a breeder who specializes in that.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One Google search comes up with "Scottish Fold Best USA" as the breeder that supposedly sold Taylor Swift at least one of her Scottish Fold cats. However, I can't find a CFA or TICA listing for a breeder / cattery with this name but it's possible the breeder / cattery chose not to appear in the online registry list. You could contact CFA and TICA to see if they have such a breeder / cattery listed in their non-online registry.

Why not contact Taylor Swift through her social media and ask her directly? She does respond to fans sometimes. Maybe her official web site has a PR contact you can send an email to and ask.

Does it really matter if a cat is the same exact breed, color, etc as a famous celebrity's cat?:catrub:

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been pouring over catteries on Facebook and elsewhere trying to get a solid foundation stock of my chosen breed and it seems to me like it's common for catteries to open up and go out of business.

So the cattery you're looking for may no longer exist.

However, you can research pedigrees and most cats will have the cattery that spawned them in their full show name.

So what I would do is try to get ahold of this cat's pedigree that you're in love with.

It will have four generations back, so you can try to track down close relatives that are still in the hands of actively breeding catteries and IMO that's your best chance of getting an identical cat without cloning.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One Google search comes up with "Scottish Fold Best USA" as the breeder that supposedly sold Taylor Swift at least one of her Scottish Fold cats. However, I can't find a CFA or TICA listing for a breeder / cattery with this name but it's possible the breeder / cattery chose not to appear in the online registry list. You could contact CFA and TICA to see if they have such a breeder / cattery listed in their non-online registry.
Hmm... this is the Facebook page for "Scottish Fold Best USA" and they imply that they sold Taylor Swift her cat (because a lot of the posts are tagged "#taylorswift"). I don't get a positive feeling about their cattery from this Facebook page, though. Lots of posts about available kittens and nothing else.

Seadreamer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been pouring over catteries on Facebook and elsewhere trying to get a solid foundation stock of my chosen breed and it seems to me like it's common for catteries to open up and go out of business.

So the cattery you're looking for may no longer exist.

However, you can research pedigrees and most cats will have the cattery that spawned them in their full show name.

So what I would do is try to get ahold of this cat's pedigree that you're in love with.

It will have four generations back, so you can try to track down close relatives that are still in the hands of actively breeding catteries and IMO that's your best chance of getting an identical cat without cloning.
Hi Goodbye Bird,
Thank you so much for responding. I truly am not interested in a "celebrity cat", I am just taken with this cat. I smile every time I see her. I will follow your suggestions.
Thanks Again

crsteen1212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I do believe its ScottishFoldBestUsa but I must implore you not to purchase a kitten from that breeder. As far as I'm aware, they are a byb, they do no heath testing, and those poor cats have had some health issues as well. Please look for REPUTABLE breeders who do HEATH Testng and show their cats. Its very important they participate in cat shows. You know they are trying to achieve the.breed standard for whatever breed they're involved with. Just because they have a slick website or a bunch of shitty bybs set up a fb group together doest. Mean their good breeders. I just bought a kitten from one of the best in the business. A month after I brought him home, I also adopted brothers from.the same breeder who's mom couldn't afford them anymore and lwt me tell you how amazing it is to have 3 scottish folds now. amazing!

Seadreamer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I do believe its ScottishFoldBestUsa but I must implore you not to purchase a kitten from that breeder. As far as I'm aware, they are a byb, they do no heath testing, and those poor cats have had some health issues as well. Please look for REPUTABLE breeders who do HEATH Testng and show their cats. Its very important they participate in cat shows. You know they are trying to achieve the.breed standard for whatever breed they're involved with. Just because they have a slick website or a bunch of shitty bybs set up a fb group together doest. Mean their good breeders. I just bought a kitten from one of the best in the business. A month after I brought him home, I also adopted brothers from.the same breeder who's mom couldn't afford them anymore and lwt me tell you how amazing it is to have 3 scottish folds now. amazing!
Hi Crsteen,
Thanks for responding to my question. If I may ask, which breeder did you use?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It will be very difficult to find out where Taylor Swift got her cats from. I can say from experience, that famous people are not going to plug a cattery. Our Maine Coon, is from the same cattery as a very famous chef's is, and by coincidence his other MC is from the cattery we'll be getting our next one from this winter. Not once, have I seen him refer to the breeder and I've been following him for many years - and his cat since he was a wee kitten. The only reason I figured it out was he mentioned that his cat hailed from his home state which is where I live. From there it was simple to figure out because there aren't many reputable MC breeders where I live. And with his sister, I literally recognized the cat as being one of the other breeders kittens - she was VERY recognizable.

I'd just start researching Scottish Fold cats. If you belong to Facebook, there are certainly groups for this breed. Many will have lists of vetted (no pun intended) breeders. You'll learn a lot about the breed just by reading their posts. There are also groups dedicated to reporting of bad catteries. This can help inform you about tactics scammers use to get your attention and trust. I can not begin to tell you how many people get ripped off by people who look legit on first glance.

Buyer, beware. If it's too good to be true.....

jk1990

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know it may not be exactly what you have your heart set on, but I'd also recommend looking for British Shorthair breeders! If you love the look of a Scottish Fold, British Shorthairs look very similar but without the folded ears. Because of all the health concerns of Scottish Folds, (reputable) breeders won't breed two of them together and instead, they'll breed one Scottish Fold with one British Shorthair. And British Shorthairs are much more common, so you may find better luck getting the coloring you'd prefer!