Oliver's meow

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just from this morning I've noticed that Oliver's meow is sounding a bit feeble as if he has a sore throat or like when we lose our voice.
Apart from that, he's acting as normal.
What do you think?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has he been alone lately? He could be hoarse from overuse while you were gone. Cats can get allergies/colds just like us too, that may cause some hoarseness too. Make sure he gets plenty of water down, set some extra bowls around to tempt him. If he is eating/drinking/using the litter box OK, monitor him and baby him a little. My cat sounds like a Yamaha starting up, but that is normal. The whole family doesn't have a 'normal' meow amongst them!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Are the seasons changing or has there been a change in weather? I know that affects our cat whether his appetite, playfulness, or other habits. Glad Oliver is still acting normal since that's a good sign. 👍

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've booked a vet appointment for Friday but I'll phone them again when they open to see if he can be seen today instead . There's hardly any sound at all now when he meows. :(

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Fingers crossed for Oliver's appointment. :crossfingers: Hopefully you can get him in today but if not only one more day until Friday. Please let us know the vets' results.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He started to get his voice back before his appointment but I took him anway. the vet checked him over and looked in his throat and said he was fine. I'm overjoyed :D
We've noticed fleas on all the animals despite using "Itch Flea" for months and the vet said it was the same as Frontline which fleas are becoming immune to around here. I reckon fleas were possibly the reason he was overgrooming which led to some of his mane falling out. I asked for opinions in another thread about his mane and got some replies saying overgrooming could be the reason. 👍
Just my newly formed opinion this but any flea stuff that can be bought online or over the counter without prescription is almost useless.

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww this is great news! Bless Oliver! I signed up to a service at Pets at Home a few years back now after Frontline and everything else I tried wasn’t working on Gray.
It’s called Advantage flea treatment and it’s £4 a month. Best thing is they send it every month in the post! And it’s the best stuff I’ve ever had. My Mum uses it on Missy and has had great results too.
You can cancel at any time too. Might be worth having a look on their website. You can apply in store and just fill out a form there too.
Good luck 😊

Attachments