Oliver Hissing And Growling Uti?

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oliver had a uti in 2017

I took him off royal canin urinary so a month ago and he was on blue buffalo for a month then put on purina one urinary kibble for a week.. Today hes back on royal canin urinary so!

Yesterday he was walking around hissing and growling with his hind low to the floor, we didnt know why, this morning he woke me up hissing and growling and went into my closet..I checked my cameras and 10 min prior he was in his litter box for 4 min and the box was dry...

40 minutes later he went back and peed a bunch and defacted with no hissing and no genital licking...

Little while ago he was sleeping on his cat tree and he jumped down and hissed and growled and went into the closet, no licking of genitals..He came out after 7 min and is back on his tree grooming himself

Last time he had this problem he would only hiss after trying to pee after trying to use his litter pan..Whats going on? Why is he growling in pain and not even going to the box?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Do you have a vet you can talk to? that 4 minute period of no pee is concerning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea the 4 min It looked like he was licking his genitals in the box also signaling urine problems...Im more concerned as he hissed and growled without going to his pan at all..Maybe it just burns as I read they scoot with rear end low to possibly cool it off on the cold floor?

He now followed me into the catio and ate and drank water and scratched his scratchers and is now lounging in his outdoor box...He didnt even look at his box...

hes getting the same tratment that cured him last time but this time hes getting it immediatly, minus pain meds

He had prednisolone and buprenorphine last time he had inflammation

Last edited:

Yoruichi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
if i got the point correct :S ( my english are a bit poor :( ) your cat haven't pee since yesterday ? if that is the case then you should help the cat pee if is from yesterday don't wait till tomorrow... help the cat pee today :'( there are many videos in youtube that can help you figure out how to do that... if that's not the case am sorry :S

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He peed this morning

Seems hes got random pain, but im puzzled as after the hissing he does not go to the litterpan..

Im thinking the blue buffalo for a month started the crystals to form and after stopping the blue buffalo and putting him on the purina urinary food it was already too late

So many variables like would this have happen if he did not go on the blue buffalo but went straight to the purina urinary?

Yoruichi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
this is a long shot but the 2 things i could think of are ..
1. my cat whenever am in the toilet and he hears me doing the number 1 he rushes in his toilet and does his ... if i don't want and i just open the water to wash my hands again he rushes to do it .... like humans sometimes he needs a bit of sound push
2. did you check maybe try to rewash his litter box with a different soap or did you maybe change even the litter's company or something? try everything! your cat might feel uncomfortable but is used to doing it so is forcing its self and struggling to do it

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I still think, you might want to call your vet?
I will as soon as im scared...Im waiting to observe his litterbox activity. I think more sherlock holmes investigating or I wont know what to tell my vet

I feel him all over and carry him and he does not cry in pain

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love you answering my posts!

Oliver just went into his litterpan moments ago and urinated just fine with zero effort while I was holding my breath...

A lot of this dont make sensce! I just watched my security camera again of this morning and he clearly showed signs of uti in the pan this morning..I wish I could play it here..I mean minutes after that happened he was in my room hissing

Maybe the double dose of uromaxx etc is fighting back this problem before it can take hold?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm glad to help :)

I think that's what I'm wondering about, as Stephanietx is, whether he's at the early stages of something that maybe isn't responding to the meds he's currently on. You could print out this thread for your vet

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I figured out, this is my only evidence of any urinary problems, he does not hang out in the box and the box was clean when I Checked...

30 minutes later he peed and defacated fine

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Somethings wrong with my cat very wrong..im freakin crying

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you see my videos, im awaiting a vet to call me...I hope my cat dont die before tomorrow morning ...Im on a small island only er vet which is 500 plus

This cat already owns a peice of my heart

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In the meantime can you keep your cat contained to a small area, the stress of moving around isn't good.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh we were typing at the same time...
I am able to see the videos.

I think, although I'm not a vet, that whatever is going on in the second one isn't life threatening-it looked to me like the back leg was very sore causing your cat to limp.

Keep him as quiet as possible, and for yourself be as calm as possible, and I will be sending prayers for you and your fur baby.