Old Style Siamese Pedigrees

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If anyone has Old-Style Siamese, I would be really interested in seeing the pedigrees if you would be willing to share them with me.

In an effort to learn about the old blood lines, any Old-Style Siamese pedigrees anyone has are appreciated. Even if the cat has long since left us. I am willing to reimburse any expenses associated with making copies or mailing...

Thanks in advance.

Gaye

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gaye, I dont know anyone with the apple head. Have you thought about getting the annual cats magazine and maybe contacting the apple head breeders?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Sandie,

Actually, no, I hadn't thought of that...but what I have been doing is searching the Internet, and making bookmarks for breeder's sites who have the OSS.

I haven't contacted any yet, but would like to. I am just not certain how well I will be received with such a request.

Thanks for the great suggestion...now where would I go about getting this book???

Yours,

Gaye

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know what you mean, being that I want to learn as much as possible on the munchkin, I tried talking to many of the breeders...WHAT A JOKE!! I really hope you get a good reception. The annual CATS magazine you can find at any bookstore or usually the pet stores. Cat Fancy puts it out but it's their really big annual magazine and it has many more breeders. They will sell the 2001 edition all year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Sandie...I am going to go hunting for the book tommorrow. (Hubby just got tax refund back and owes me big blocks of quality shopping time - so he can just take me out to lunch and buy me this book tomorrow as a start. *smile*)

I spoke to a couple of breeders a while back, and both promised to send ped copies but *sigh* I've not seen or heard anything from them yet.

On the other hand, an ex-breeder of Bali's in Texas sent me a whole bunch of OSS peds from back in the 1960's and 70's with some of the lines extending back into the late 1940's and early 50's! That was exciting!!! She also sent copies of some articles in the CFA Year Book dated 1968 (or was it 65, I can't remember now) written by Marge Naples. It is really interesting to me to read the information on Siamese cats during that time period.

The pre-60's lines are just totally fascinating to me. I could stay up for days learning about this stuff...*grin*

Yours,

Gaye

"Some people drink...some people do drugs...I do cats." - G.F.

rene

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a friend who bred traditional (that you call appl head) Siamese - she now breeds Tonkinese and the "new wave" of Siamese. But I know she would answer your questions and help if she could because she loves the old style Siamese which are coming back under a new name. If you go to my web site - http://www.listnow.com/helpingpaws and email me personally, I will forward your request on to her.
Rene