Ok To Let Stray Cat Out After 1 Week?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DET_CAT_DAD

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still working on Maver (now Mable thanks to my wife) and Ghost as well. They survived our horrible cold spell and snow and ice storms over the last few weeks. They continue to come by, I just don't see them as much as I used to. I was so worried about them but somehow they always are able to stay safe. They both show signs of being stray and feral so I just can't tell. I'm hoping they will come around once trapped and given some time to decompress.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they are still showing up , I’m sure they will come around. The Winter keeps them tucked away. After being out awhile, even a pet can look feral. I hope you can get them soon. I’ll send all the warmth and good vibes I can! Love too!
Happy Valentine’s Day to you all! (I think the name Mable is great!) ;)
:vibes::sunshine::redheartpump: Come on in Ghost and Mable!

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, look at that little Herman, king of the castle! I was thinking about him and wondering how he was doing. I'm so glad that his foster adopted him! And that new little kitten -- ADORABLE! Good for you for taking her in. If I didn't already have my share of cats, I'd be in my car on my way to get her right now! Hopefully, she will also find a great home. Good luck with Ghost and Mable -- keep us posted!

DET_CAT_DAD

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the updates. So happy for Herman. How is cutie patootie Felix? You and your spouse are awsome. Would love to see pics of your permanent trio.
She is doing great! A couple was supposed to come by this morning to meet her but the lady wasn't feeling that hot so they are coming tomorrow instead. I've never had a kitten before so it's been quite the experience

It was hard letting Herman go but it was the best for him and his new parents love him so much. I actually plan on visiting him in the next few weeks. It won't be easy to let Felix go either but I'm glad I'm doing my small part to help cats around here.

DET_CAT_DAD

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here's my trio of goofballs: Prinnie Bean (Princess), Ralphie Roo-Roo (Ralph) and Bear-Bear (Bear). We've had Ralph since October 2016 and Prinnie and Bear since November 2017.
IMG_2591.JPG
IMG_0437.JPG
IMG_1496.JPG

DET_CAT_DAD

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_2486.JPG
I follow numerous cat rescues/shelters on FB, as I'm sure most here do, and recently saw a post about a senior girl who lost her human and had no relatives willing to take her, which always upsets me. She was about 15 and terrified and confused at the situation. She was amazing. I put in a foster app and figured I could move all the stuff out of my third bedroom, which we use as storage, to either our basement or actual storage unit, and take her in. It was with the shelter that helped me place Herman with his foster/permanent adopter. Unfortunately/fortunately, someone put in an app just before me to take her in but the rescue had another pending foster named Viking that had a severe URI and needed placement. I agreed immediately but got a text a few hours later that someone from another rescue had agreed to take him and foster him. BUT...I'm seriously considering adopting Viking. He is very timid and I think he would get along great with both Ralph and Bear. Prinnie is always the wild card though. LOL.