Oh no my new kitty is peeing oh the bed

cat girl here

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is the fifth time in five days he does use the litter tray normally as I’ve seen him happily go there I have put a little box next to the bed as well but he still try’s to go on the bed wen I catch him his brother doesn’t pee on the bed wen he comes to see me in here
Last night I closed the door so no cats were in here but woke up today with a massive wet patch on the mattress the door needed to be open today because how hot my home is . him and his brother are both happy in there new home and always playing it’s just one of them has got this bad habit I tryd to rub his nose in it a little while ago that’s what my parents do with our child hood cat they obvious new what they were doing coz I don’t now I am a new owner live alone and the kitten who I love is messing up my 600 pound mattress bless him I’m so happy to have them both life can be so lonely any way. I’ve gotta help him get out of this bad habit and I will give him luv and attention to do so does any body no what I should or shouldn’t do coz I can’t always have the door shut unfreeze other wise I would

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat girl here

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
they were born 2022 this year on the 16.5.22, eight or so weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You said you'd put an extra little litterbox in the bedroom, that would have been my suggestion so good on you!

Maybe try putting a tarp or something over the bed until he gets things figured out, and when you're wiping up the pee, take a small piece of paper towel that you've used to wipe up and put that in the box so that he smells it and realizes that's what that box is for :)

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Get some angry orange and spray the urine spot. You have to remove the smell of urine, otherwise the cat will keep going there.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nature's Miracle is an excellent urine remover, whatever you buy, make sure it is an enzyme urine remover, Your cat is just a baby, he doesn't understand what he is doing really. you might confine them to a smaller room, like a bathroom/utility room until they consistently use the box. Order a waterproof mattress cover for your bed, they aren't really too expensive. It's better than replacing the mattress. Because of his age, I am sure he will learn not to do this once he is old enough to control his bladder! If he goes often, he may have a bladder infection. do not rub his nose in it. Unless you catch him right when he is doing it, he has NO idea why he is being punished. Cats cannot be trained with physical punishment like dogs. It just makes them afraid and avoid you. I, myself would confine them to a smaller room until they use the box better, or put him in the box and see if he will go before opening your room. They are just tiny babies really and just need guidance. Bless you, for adopting them!

sunny578

Mom to an inappropriate urinator
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rubbing a cat's nose (or a dog's nose) in their illegal bathroom activity is going to do more harm than good. It's not an action that makes any sense to them.

How many boxes do you have?