Oh Hello, Didn't See You There...

LuvDeezKittez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hello1.jpg

Finally... My people! My tribe! My fellow cat-lovers! It's so good to be here.
hello2.jpg

I've actually been sneaking around on the forum for about a week or so without properly introducing myself. My husband and I waited a good long time before we got cats. Why? Not because we wanted to but because, well, life had other plans. We both actually grew up in cat households, our first words were likely "mama, dada..kitty!", and I partially fell in love with my husband because he had one of those suction-cup stick-on Garfields in his car when I met him. Sexy, right? He's a keeper.
garfield.jpg

So why didn't we have a cat? or 12 yet? Turns out I was majorly allergic. I had already had 2 major sinus surgeries before the age of 30 and still hadn't put two and two together. I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box but I AM the most colorful one! :doh::doh::doh:

Fast forward many years of immunotherapy injections (a.k.a. allergy shots) and many weekend visits to the shelters just to get in some "kitty therapy time" and here we are today, with 2 awesome cats that we love more than...well...anything really.
anigif_enhanced-22702-1431629321-25.gif

First we adopted Sophie from PetSmart. She was only 8 wks old, had a shaved little belly and blue tattoo 'cuz she had been spayed only days before (way too young!)and was all alone shaking in a steel cage without mother or siblings. We have no idea what her back story is but my husband scooped her up and never put her down again. Her middle name is 'Merica because she was adopted on the 4th of July-- her independence day!
:celebrate:
Sophie America.JPG

She is the softest prettiest little girl in the world (not biased at all..nope). She is an excellent climber, stealthy as an assassin, and smart as a whip. She loves burrowing under the covers and does well with new people and car rides. She had a rough start with lots of GI issues and one very scary close call (the phrase "Fever of Unknown Origin" still gives me chills) but is a happy, playful almost 9 month old kitten now.

Sophie1.jpg

Throwback baby pic: Just look at that pink shaved belly! And yes, that's a crinkled paper Chipotle bag because we are extremely classy and only give our babies the best toys.

We knew Sophie needed a "sibling" to grow up with, but it took us about a month to find another "singleton" for adopting! Many places were reluctant to give us just one kitten, and we definitely weren't interested in breaking up bonded pairs.

cats.jpg

But we didn't give up, and one weekend we were visiting our lucky shelter :clover:(Shout out to Small Miracles Animal Rescue in Ellicott City, MD) where our parents and siblings had successfully found their best friends when someone said.... "Hey, you're looking for a single kitten? Well, there's 3 that we've quarantined in the back room with eye infections...and the little boy is better now...and he's not bonded like the other two are... and... blah blah blah"
:smash: DONE. And DONE. No clue what the rest of that conversation was but we walked out with Baby #2.....
P1070178.JPG

Presenting: Gnocchi! He was 12 weeks old, long lean and laidback. Chiller than chill. He was such a little dumpling that we had to give him that name. Playful, silly, and a little derpy he earned his cheesy middle name: "Parmesan". He's an excellent jumper, a below average lander, a lap cat and my glued to my husband.
image1.jpeg

Throwback baby pic: He looks terrified of my sister's iPhone

Interestingly, "Gnocchi" is also the name of Chef Pisghetti's cat in Curious George. There's your fact of the day. You're welcome. :compsurfing:
curiousgeorge.jpg

They hit it off right away and are as thick as thieves. Though not truly littermates, Sophie & Gnocchi have grown up together and are only 2 weeks apart.

P1070607.JPG

P1070263.JPG

P1090838.JPG

They're 9 months old now and are looking forward to their EPIC 1st birthday party coming up this April. Just kidding, they don't have a clue. Not kidding about the party. That's happening. :rockout::dance::bday:

If you're in the Maryland area mid-April and want to attend a double-cat birthday party, come on over, internet strangers!* (*What could possibly go wrong?) The more, the merrier
:celebrate:.

Thanks for reading our LONG post!
:lovecat::lovecat::lovecat:Love, Sophie & Gnocchi :lovecat::lovecat::lovecat:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
A1565852-8B9E-4215-B5D2-139833E02D3D$L0$001~photo.gif
LuvDeezKittez, Sophie and Gnoochi, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
13a87bd57142c4bcc2c5f272cded1f60.jpg
to you all.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

What an introductory thread and thank you for adopting Sophie and Gnoochi and for giving them a warm and fur-ever loving home :clapcat:

What cuties they are and am sure they'll enjoy each others companion and your love.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site a

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there! I’ve seen you around the forums and so it’s nice to officially meet you! I love your story, it’s so great that you can have cats now when you were so allergic before! And your kitties are absolutely adorable! I love Sophie’s big eyes and white “mittens”! Gnocchi’s coloring is so stunning! I love that bright, orange shade. And his pink toe beans are so cute!

See you around! :wave3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LuvDeezKittez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WELCOME, and what an introduction!. Your babies are ever so cute and looking forward to hearing about all the "shananagans" they are going to be getting into and hearing about it from their entertaining mother, who definitely has a talent with the use of the English language, why I am still laughing. :crazy:. Again, Welcome.
By the way, how much money did Gnoochi make from giving your husband all those kisses at the kissing booth? A fortune I hope!!:p

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WELCOME, to you, Gnocci and Sophie! LOVED your introduction. I am deeply appreciative of those with lively senses of the absurd, and punny folks in general. And of COURSE, I'm disposed to like anyone who has my favorite breed, RESCUE!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A very warm welcome to TCS! :wave3: Thank you for the lovely introduction but most of all for rescuing two precious kittens. :rock: I like your taste in names as well, i.e. Sophie Merica and Gnocchi. Just so you know when April arrives please feel free to celebrate their birthdays on our special Birthday thread here:
♥ The ♥ Birthday ♥ Thread ♥

We look forward to seeing more pics of your dynamic duo and sharing in their merry cattitude antics. :happycat:

LuvDeezKittez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
WELCOME, and what an introduction!. By the way, how much money did Gnoochi make from giving your husband all those kisses at the kissing booth?
Well Howdy Doo mazie mazie , nice to meetcha too!:hellocomputer:
I love southern accents so I just imagined your reply had one as I read it. That handsome gentleman in the GIF is actually not my hubby, but he IS Chris from Florida and the proud owner of the famous cats Cole & Marmalade. I'm a big fan of their shenanigans.. it's where I steal some of my best ideas. ;)

LuvDeezKittez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gnocchi (love his name!) reminds me a lot of my Toffee
Don't you just LOVE a ginger? Growing up my family had 4 gingers in a row...Homer, Denali, Smudgie and Bailey because a vet once told my father "Orange boys are the BEST BOYS!" and he took it to heart. I grew up loving Garfield comics and having crushes on redheaded little boys in my class. Some things never change because I'm married to an "orange boy" *ahem* I mean redheaded man. I certainly have a type! :p

LuvDeezKittez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
WELCOME, to you, Gnocci and Sophie! LOVED your introduction. I am deeply appreciative of those with lively senses of the absurd, and punny folks in general. And of COURSE, I'm disposed to like anyone who has my favorite breed, RESCUE!
Glad you liked it-- these guys "helped" me type it. Only had to re-do the post under 20 times, not bad.
Would you believe I made it to my 20's not knowing that adopting wasn't the only way to get a cat? Ok I'm lying, I was in my 30's. Ok, I'm lying, it never occurred to me at all. I guess I just thought cats popped out of the garden like cabbage patch kids and wandered into the shelters. That's how it happens right? No? :ruminating:

LuvDeezKittez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A very warm welcome to TCS! Thank you for the lovely introduction but most of all for rescuing two precious kittens.
Thanks neely neely , as trite as it probably sounds by now, I do like the saying "Who rescued who?" I really can't take credit because I don't think I chose them so much as we were destined to be together, so I'll send the compliment "upstairs" :wink: They certainly have made our house a real home. Aww, what can I say... I just LUV DEEZ KITTEZ!:catrub: