Oh for the love of cats!!

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
bengalcatman bengalcatman , the first pic of the maroon curled up cat looks like an older piece of pottery. What do you know about it?
The curled up cat is craved from a light wood and finished with a dry oil. It has the initials "DEZ" carved on the right shoulder. I am not sure what wood it is: if I had to guess, the wood could be Obeche (west Africa.) I do not recall how I wound up with it, I think it may have been a gift from a girlfriend in the late 70s or early 80s (now I am going to be trying to recall for the next week!)

This has always has been a favorite: I like the relaxed and content countenance and the straight little whiskers carefully carved in.

Its funny, but since I posted all the cat stuff pics, I keep seeing things around the house that I didn't include.

Another flea market find.. plaster with deep gouges, missing an ear tip and nose. I fixed all the damage and left it for my wife to paint. She views all non-moving things as a possible canvas....

Wife likes Sylvester... so I drew this up for her and she cut it out on her scroll-saw and painted it

On sale at Lowes a few years ago, he guards the walkway to our door. First time Makena saw it he stopped dead in his tracks, raised all his fur and got ready to attack this strange interloper on his property... then he got all miffed when we laughed at him.

Um, I could add more, but I am just now realizing we have an embarrassingly large (and growing) collection of cat stuff!

Last edited: