Oh Dear, I Brought Him In...

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's wonderful that you already had all of that done, so when you do take him in again, there's no need to worry about all of that. Maybe just dosed him with some Frontline Plus. It may be that he comes in for short visits that gradually get longer. Some people have socialized outdoor cats to become indoor cats that way. Are you able to pet or handle him at all? Your cats are becoming familiar with his scent, and even if he rubs against your legs, they will become more familiar with him. It's wonderful that you are helping him. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittypa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you able to pet or handle him at all?
He is a love pig. He's more tame than any of my pets that I raised from kittens. If there is a lap inside he will forget all about the outside. I wish I knew more about him, how he came to be that way. He was about a year old when he showed up here, and had spent some time on the street, but he is a sweet, gentle kitty.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say, let him be an indoor-outdoor cat at this point, outside enough not to stress out the old cat or other resident cats who may be a bit snitty about him coming inside. Then they can slowly warm up to him. Since he's already been vetted you don't have to worry about that at least.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a feeling that this is going to be a fairly smooth transition for him, you and the other cats. I hope that once he's settled in your house you'll come back here and post a picture of him lounging on your couch with the other cats. We love updates like that :)