Oh baby!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! I'm just going to see what the doctors say next week at my appointments (one is my regularly-scheduled check up, the other is the ultrasound). If they do recommend inducing, I'm going to go for it mostly because I'm sure they want to try and avoid a c-section if we can. Better safe than sorry, right??

In other news, supermoon had no impact on my pregnancy.
I'm still pregnant.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will keep you and the little one in my prayers for a safe and healthy delivery!
You must be soo excited!!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got back from my first appt this week (Thursday is the ultrasound). I'm still measuring 41cm, but the doctor says that 42 would be in my ribs, so they might not be able to get an accurate measurment. They checked and I'm 40% effaced and 1cm dilated, so there is SOME progress. She's also head down and has dropped a bit.

Now, this could mean I could go into labor any moment on my own, or it could take a few more weeks.

I have 16 days left until my due date. I'm feeling pretty good about things right now.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay that's great news! Any nesting? I was "feeling pretty good" the day before I went into labor....then all that baby washing I was itching to do the next morning. I didn't know it was nesting till after she was born!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Yay that's great news! Any nesting? I was "feeling pretty good" the day before I went into labor....then all that baby washing I was itching to do the next morning. I didn't know it was nesting till after she was born!
I think I have been nesting for weeks now. I am watching out for any abnormal bursts of energy though.

I just think she will either come on her own or they will induce. What I don't want is a c-section.

Tonight I started on her mobile. I hope to finish that and her laundry tomorrow night.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woohoo! I was nesting for most of the second half of my pregnancy. I can't tell you how many times I rearranged his clothes. I was induced but there was a reason DS didn't come out- big head narrow pelvis. Had a c-section but it really wasn't that bad at all.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, the growth scan ultrasound today estimates her current weight at.....9lbs, 13oz!!!!

The tech did state that it's not 100% accurate and she really seemed interested to know her real weight, lol. We did verify gender (because I was paranoid), but overall she's healthy, perfectly fine to come any day (diaphragm is already moving on its own!!), and now we just wait to hear from the doctor. *sigh*

I'll listen to what she has to say and go from there. Personally, I think Amber is probably closer to 8lbs, but that's just my gut.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

So, the growth scan ultrasound today estimates her current weight at.....9lbs, 13oz!!!!

The tech did state that it's not 100% accurate and she really seemed interested to know her real weight, lol. We did verify gender (because I was paranoid), but overall she's healthy, perfectly fine to come any day (diaphragm is already moving on its own!!), and now we just wait to hear from the doctor. *sigh*

I'll listen to what she has to say and go from there. Personally, I think Amber is probably closer to 8lbs, but that's just my gut.
I don't trust those growth ultrasounds
With Landon, they said he would be around 6lb to 7lbs max. He came out at a whopping 8lbs 7oz and 21 inches long. After I delivered him, my midwife says "Oh my gosh woman, where did you put all this baby?!" LOL And he was a few days early, even!

I can't wait to see her pictures. All this baby talk is giving me baby fever!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I don't trust those growth ultrasounds
With Landon, they said he would be around 6lb to 7lbs max. He came out at a whopping 8lbs 7oz and 21 inches long. After I delivered him, my midwife says "Oh my gosh woman, where did you put all this baby?!" LOL And he was a few days early, even!

I can't wait to see her pictures. All this baby talk is giving me baby fever!
hehe...I thought of that A LOT at the end of my pregnancy Kenz! But we had no fears Tressa would be big.

Whatever decision you make (to induce or not) just trust yourself. You will make the right decision. The one thing I will say is just be prepared that some inductions do take a while. My BFF was induced January 6th in the evening. She figured she'd have him on the 7th in the early morning. She had him on the 8th; poor girl. My cousin had a similar experience. But I know several Mama's whose went much much faster. But it just seemed more frustrating to my friends who expected one thing and got another. I expected different than what I got with my own labor too. Trust yourself and your body was designed to do this.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, met with the doctor yesterday afternoon (one of the three OBs I see in the practice), and the one we met with we really like, but we also know he's extremely conservative. I'm OK with that, but I'm also losing patience, lol.

He leveled with me, said the ultrasounds can be extremely inaccurate, to which I replied that my own research states it can be off 2 pounds in either direction. He agreed, and said that right now, he's not seeing an urgency to try and push me into labor. He wants to take the wait and see approach. He said he'd be more concerned if the estimate was in the 12+lb range.

I'm really OK with that, but at the same time I'm a bit disappointed because I'm extremely uncomfortable. I'm only 5'2", Amber has NOT dropped at all, and just by feel he's guessing she's closer to 8-9lbs, not the 10+lbs the ultrasound estimated. I'm a petite girl, but I am so miserable walking around with a kid who really isn't ready to descend any lower. If she would just drop, I'd breathe easier (literally...she's up in my ribs causing my lung capacity to be crap).

I know BILLIONS of women have been through this, and that I'm not unique in my complaints, but I want a pity party, lol. I'm also losing patience and without having any clue as to when she might be here, my boss is really reluctant to let me take vacation until she's here and my FMLA can start.

So, after all that (not to mention the fact that we'll most likely be charged out of pocket for the ultrasound because my workplace chose the worst insurance plan ever), we're at the "wait and see" stage of things. :/

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Ultrasounds can be inaccurate. And trust me you do NOT want to be induced if you aren't ready. I was induced with my oldest. I went into the hospital at 6am- and I didn't deliver until after midnight. Or it could have been later- I don't know it was 17 years ago
The most miserable time ever- and then I went on and had another child

With the second child- my due date was all over the place. The doctor changed it at least 3 times- and we're talking MILITARY doctors

I can imagine how uncomfortable it must be.

Put your feet up and relax for the evening- it may be the last time you get to for a very long time

And if you went into labor and had her tomorrow- that would be ok with me- March 31 is a really good day for a birthday

Cheryl

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw; I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable.
Take it easy when you can. This part will be just a distant memory before you know it! You'll one day soon find your child standing on top of something dangerous (for example a printer on top of a box...) after you turned in the other direction for just a few seconds and you'll think..."remember when you wouldn't come out?" *hugs*

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can completely understand how uncomfortable you are, Liam was born 8lbs 7oz at 41 and a half weeks. I also believe by that stage i was already 43 weeks because i had lost my diary and when i had found it my midwife said it was already too late and that we would go by the scans. They gave me 5 different due dates from the 11th to the 25th of December.
I went into prelabour at 34 weeks, they all told me i was going to have him that night. It all stopped 12 hours later. I was getting cranky at 38 and 39 weeks but they wouldn't induce me.

I got so large i couldn't bend over nor drive past 39 weeks!

Good luck with the Birth! C-sections arent too bad, if it has to be done then so be it

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hang in there girl! I'm right with you (although if I had a baby that was bigger than 7 lbs I'd be shocked).

In my case the midwife is going to get me going on homeopathic's and start trying to naturally get the labor process going if nothing has happened by next week. The only reason being is that my 1st child was a c-section and I'm hoping that this one will not be. The hospital will not allow me to take any labor inducing drugs, so if I go too far overdue I'm going to have to have a c-section again.

As Fran said, the section isn't all that bad, but as I'm sure you are well aware it's major surgery and a much slower recovery.

Sending lots of good vibes and prayers your way!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for bearing with me everyone! lol I know that I'm pretty much whining at this point, but having never been pregnant before, this is tough work!

I guess the biggest reason I'd rather not have the c-section is because it is major surgery. Also, breastfeeding would be delayed as well. I'm hoping to start BFing shortly after Amber is born.

My mom delivered all of us vaginally, so hopefully I can do the same with my children.

I'm also thinking I'll tell my boss I'm starting vacation next Monday, since my due date is next Thursday. FMLA will kick in once I'm in labor, but I really just need to get away from the office and relax and see if that helps. I don't think she'll say no, but she might hesitate.

Oh well, at least I know what's what now.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Honestly; if you think you need it, you need it!! One of the things I regret about my pregnancy is trying to act like I could do everything...like it didn't affect my ability to do x, y or z. All that got me was exhausted and preeclampsia. You need all the energy you can get to deliver that baby and care for your newborn! You don't need to be super-mommy just yet! But if you do want to work or do some things; then by all means do them!

I am really really excited for you!!

Oh; and you are allowed to whine.
Any of us who have been there, especially recently!, completely understand! I don't know what I'd have done without my other new-mom friends after Tressa was born! Believe me I burned Tracy and Kenz's ears via the internet those first few weeks!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Honestly; if you think you need it, you need it!! One of the things I regret about my pregnancy is trying to act like I could do everything...like it didn't affect my ability to do x, y or z. All that got me was exhausted and preeclampsia. You need all the energy you can get to deliver that baby and care for your newborn! You don't need to be super-mommy just yet! But if you do want to work or do some things; then by all means do them!

I am really really excited for you!!

Oh; and you are allowed to whine.
Any of us who have been there, especially recently!, completely understand! I don't know what I'd have done without my other new-mom friends after Tressa was born! Believe me I burned Tracy and Kenz's ears via the internet those first few weeks!
That's what we're here for!!

And just an FYI about breastfeeding shortly after she's born... don't be surprised if your milk doesn't come in immediately. I had Landon (no c-section) and mine didn't come in for three, yes three, days later. He had to be put on formula a few weeks later because of my supply. Just don't be shocked if it's not immediate
With childbirth, NOTHING ever goes according to plan LOL!

Good luck! If you need anything, let us know!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not having ever given birth, I don't know what you're going through.
But if you need to start your leave, then I see no reason not to!

Lots of for a healthy you and a healthy baby whatever happens - whenever it happens!