Officially Introducing my first Cat/Kitten

Remi&RiRi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I have made a few post on this website during the past week or so as my childhood dream of finally getting a cat has come true! I lived with family members who had cat and dog allergies so I never had a furry pet growing up. If anyone happened to stumble across my last post, you would know that I almost didn't get this kitten! It was a painful process where the seller loved the kitten so much that she was going to keep him even after I had sent her a check with a deposit for half of the price. Long story short, after the seller told me she was going to keep the kitten, she finally got my check in the mail. Little did she know I had wrote a little note telling her how excited we were, that we already had started buying cat supplies, that we were beyond happy and so thankful to be getting this kitten, and that we hoped to see her soon. Well once she read my letter she responded back to me saying that the kitten was all mine and that she would be taking an extra hundred dollars off of the price for all the trouble (let me say it did feel nice getting that 100 taken off the price as I did have a mini break down when she told me she would be keeping him). So my advice to anyone if you ever want to get off on the right foot with someone and and show them your good intentions, write them a little letter, this is what kept me from almost missing out on my sweet kitten (she said she had been a breeder for years and never had someone write her a note)! So long story short, introducing Remi, the one who almost got away : )
C79FE9F0-3E64-4A8F-98D0-78AF464472A8_1_201_a.jpeg
29109B7E-4850-402B-B99F-7A3B939CEE64_1_201_a.jpeg
96E2D656-B63C-4A39-96E1-8B2920790D0C_1_201_a.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm familiar with your posts from the thread you mentioned above. So happy the breeder changed her mind and your little note convinced her to let you bring precious Remi home.:lovecat3: Best of luck and please keep the pics coming.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
kitty3.gif
to you and Remi, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
13a87bd57142c4bcc2c5f272cded1f60.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Remi is such a cutie! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Do post more photos of Remi and we have a special thread here just for him in show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and many fun threads in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you and Remi. And congratulations on becoming a first time cat owner. Remi is absolutely adorable, such a cutie. Glad he became the one that didn't get away obviously the breeder thought he was getting a good forever home:redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Remi&RiRi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the forum. Is Remi a Scottish Fold?- they are my dream cat. He is so cute, I can understand why the breeder wanted to keep him,
Yes! He is a Scottish fold Siberian mix. I was originally looking for a Siberian cat because of my allergies but then stumbled upon Remi and couldn't get over his cuteness! Even though he's a mix I have been lucky enough to have no allergies to him so far, so hopefully it stays that way. Maybe one day you'll get your dream cat, I know I have!! : )

Rowen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy for you! There is nothing like it in the world, I found that out 20 years ago when I took in two senior cats from a friend who could no longer keep them. I was just watching them until they got settled and ended up keeping them. I remember the first night I didnt know what to expect - went to bed and before I knew it I had one under each armpit. From then on I learned so much from them- when they passed I adopted my little Gem as a kitten- my first I clearly remember that day-she was the love of my life .She passed in August at 13 1/2 and it was the worst day of my life. We decided to give a home to our little kitten Robin who is 6 mos and she is an amazing girl. Cats give us so much, are wonderful vibrant little beings -all with their own personalities. Getting my first opened up a whole world. Enjoy your little one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Remi&RiRi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy for you! There is nothing like it in the world, I found that out 20 years ago when I took in two senior cats from a friend who could no longer keep them. I was just watching them until they got settled and ended up keeping them. I remember the first night I didnt know what to expect - went to bed and before I knew it I had one under each armpit. From then on I learned so much from them- when they passed I adopted my little Gem as a kitten- my first I clearly remember that day-she was the love of my life .She passed in August at 13 1/2 and it was the worst day of my life. We decided to give a home to our little kitten Robin who is 6 mos and she is an amazing girl. Cats give us so much, are wonderful vibrant little beings -all with their own personalities. Getting my first opened up a whole world. Enjoy your little one!
Thanks for sharing! My friend had two cats growing up and I adored them! I had always wanted to get a furry friend and the timing was finally right. Its been almost 6 weeks now and I already feel so close to my kitty! He makes things easier and always puts a smile on my face. It has been really nice to have his company, as I am at home a lot. He is growing so fast and wish he would slow down but I am also excited to see how he will change and grow into an adult cat. Best wishes! :)