Odd looking stool (picture)

jahzara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This stool piece is grainy looking. Undigested food? Been having issues with this kitty snubbing his wet food for a while now (he gets both wet and dry.) He is (ironically) currently on Science Diet Perfect Digestion.

This was actually dangling from his butt due to a human hair he ate.. So aside from food digestion issues, I’m wondering if there might not be a human hair component here.

This is the fourth or fifth time he’s had this happen the last couple weeks.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
To me, based on the ingredients in the Science Diet food, it looks perfectly normal. Does it look a lot difference than normal? Or do you not normally look at it unless it's a "cling-on"?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jahzara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
To me, based on the ingredients in the Science Diet food, it looks perfectly normal. Does it look a lot difference than normal? Or do you not normally look at it unless it's a "cling-on"?
Looked at it a couple times around the time we switched him to the Perfect Digestion to make sure he wasn't constipated. It didn't look grainy like this.

Which ingredients do you think could contribute to it looking like this?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jahzara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you try something here, along with a little vegetable oil to help move things along in his system, and try and keep the human hair swept up?

Tips To Increase Your Cat’s Water Intake – TheCatSite Articles
Should I give the veg oil by itself or mix it with his food? He liked coconut oil straight but then snubbed that too.

I'm baffled on where he obtained the human hair cause he isn't allowed unsupervised in the bathroom where we comb our hair for specifically that reason. I watch him like a hawk in there cause we had this issue a couple years ago.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm baffled on where he obtained the human hair cause he isn't allowed unsupervised in the bathroom where we comb our hair for specifically that reason. I watch him like a hawk in there cause we had this issue a couple years ago.
Unless you wear your hair always tied back or in a bun or in a hairnet, hair falls out of your head all day long. I find our hair (single strands) all around the house, even though we vacuum thoroughly once a week and spot vacuum almost daily. And it's AMAZING how much hair collects on the rollers of the vacuum!!