Odd behavior with a toy

snuffy's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Snuff has a toy it's called a Kickeroo, it is long and has a tassle on the end. Just about every night she will take this in her mouth and walk around with it meowing very loudly. She will then put it down and still meow. I am wondering if anyone else has a cat that behaves this way. She doesn't seem to be in distress, it just seems odd to me. Any thoughts?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I've had a couple of cats that would do that. Much (RIP) would drag any clothing she could find downstairs, howling as she did it.

Carly will find a toy and start meowing downstairs, then bring it upstairs meowing the whole time. Unfortunately, she likes to do this about 3 am.

I think of it as "hey Mom, look what I got".

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Jack does it several times a day. He cries bringing his toys up the stairs, and again when he brings them down. He usually drops them beside me so l tell him he's a good boy!!

natlay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Lily does this with her toy mice. She wanders around with them in her mouth meowing loudly and then drops them and continues to meow. I think she's just very proud of her kill and wants everyone to come look at what an awesome hunter she is

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snuffy's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I guess she isn't so odd after all.
Thanks for letting me know!