Contest October Picture Of The Month: Cats Greeting

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Basscat, is your cat in the pic a bobcat? He or she is absolutely beautiful!
Yes. He seems to be more of an "interactive" cat than most. :lol:
His daily mom greeting isn't just a hug.
It's more of a slobber mauling. :flail:
She's learned it's best not to try to avoid it. It's best just to get down in the floor and take it like a big girl. If she doesn't go down to his level, he'll come up to hers. :lol: (and he's heavy)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a couple weeks this is how I was generally greeted by my latest rescue at the door of my foster room in the morning. She was semi-feral at first and it took a while to re-socialize her, but it was worth all the scratches and bandages. She is Patch.
View attachment 257526
I have to say, that is just the cutest kitten and the cutest picture!

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was on my other computer I hadn't gone thru this one. lol. I do have a greeting photo. this pic has three cats but only one is saying hello.

Entry Drommie and her stretchy paw (tm)of greet along with two sleepy males tibby and meomoto

it's very funny. she actually does do this as a sign of hello, want, need, askance. before she gets on my lap I get a stretchy paw. if I return the stretchy paw it's instant upon my lap. if i do not she waits a few minutes lol. it's used for all sorts of things. here was an oh hai, how yah doing? I've been hunting wabbits.

Last edited:

MeezerMamaMia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ENTRY: This is a very special greeting because it was literally minutes after I found my sweet girl Mia a.k.a Mama... after escaping one night and being gone for 16 miserable, horrible, heart wrenching days.
We searched everywhere.. that morning I just happened to check my live trap at 6 am and saw her walking down my sidewalk as if she had no idea where she was. She ran to me and was soooo happy. My heart started beating again that day. She lost 4 pounds, was dirty and dehydrated and exhausted. The 2nd pic is shortly after where she went in the basement to get some SAFE rest.

16426611-99F2-404E-A2B7-8A45EB08AD83.jpeg
C4F3F7AC-E235-46CE-9796-BA08A3F77B5D.jpeg

MeezerMamaMia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
you are so lucky to have found here again. (and so is she) she looks very relieved!
I am EXTREMELY lucky! And so grateful!! Especially since she has chronic sinus infections and can’t smell very well. I’m lucky to have good neighbors who helped as well. She was glued to me for weeks! She has finally put the weight back on (and then some.. lol) but she can’t be in a room with a closed door anymore.