October 2020 Book of the Month Club - 1st Year Anniversary (Poll)

Vote for the book we should read in October 2020

• Biography – The House of Kennedy by James Patterson and Cynthia Fagen

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Contemporary Romance – The Numbers Game by Danielle Steel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dystopian – 1984 by George Orwell

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Historical – Heads You Win by Jeffrey Archer

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Thriller – Killing Me Softly by Nikki French

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
***Note to anyone who saw this thread when it was first posted, this is an updated version. Nothing changed, other than correcting a typo in a book title. However, for anyone who had already voted, unfortunately your vote was deleted. So please take a second and vote again. Sorry for any inconvenience***

In September 2019, some of us who post in the general reading thread thought it might be fun if we read the same book at the same time, then once we finished reading, had a discussion to post our thoughts on the book.

So in October 2019 we launched the Book of the Month Club, and now one year later we’re about to celebrate our 1st Year Anniversary! :dazzler:

Continuing with the poll idea from last month, that gave some of the decision making about the book we would read next to fellow readers, we’re having another poll, and this time we’ve expanded the choices from 3 to 5.

Each book is from a different genre: Biography, Contemporary Romance, Dystopian, Historical, and Thriller.

The poll will run for 7 days, giving everyone time to vote, and then time to acquire the book by October.

Votes are anonymous, so no one will know who voted, or which book they voted for. Voting does not commit you to reading the book, but of course we hope you do, as everyone is welcome.

Here are the descriptions for the 5 books.

BIOGRAPHY - THE HOUSE OF KENNEDY - by James Patterson and Cynthia Fagen
1599048259945.png

CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE - THE NUMBERS GAME by Danielle Steel
1599048334562.png

DYSTOPIAN - 1984 by George Orwell
1599048443746.png

HISTORICAL - HEADS YOU WIN by Jeffrey Archer
1599048399518.png

THRILLER - KILLING ME SOFTLY by Nikki French
1599048473905.png

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
***Note to anyone who saw this thread when it was first posted, this is an updated version. Nothing changed, other than correcting a typo in a book title. However, for anyone who had already voted, unfortunately your vote was deleted. So please take a second and vote again. Sorry for any inconvenience***

In September 2019, some of us who post in the general reading thread thought it might be fun if we read the same book at the same time, then once we finished reading, had a discussion to post our thoughts on the book.

So in October 2019 we launched the Book of the Month Club, and now one year later we’re about to celebrate our 1st Year Anniversary! :dazzler:

Continuing with the poll idea from last month, that gave some of the decision making about the book we would read next to fellow readers, we’re having another poll, and this time we’ve expanded the choices from 3 to 5.

Each book is from a different genre: Biography, Contemporary Romance, Dystopian, Historical, and Thriller.

The poll will run for 7 days, giving everyone time to vote, and then time to acquire the book by October.

Votes are anonymous, so no one will know who voted, or which book they voted for. Voting does not commit you to reading the book, but of course we hope you do, as everyone is welcome.

Here are the descriptions for the 5 books.

BIOGRAPHY - THE HOUSE OF KENNEDY - by James Patterson and Cynthia Fagen
View attachment 349466

CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE - THE NUMBERS GAME by Danielle Steel
View attachment 349467

DYSTOPIAN - 1984 by George Orwell
View attachment 349469

HISTORICAL - HEADS YOU WIN by Jeffrey Archer
View attachment 349468

THRILLER - KILLING ME SOFTLY by Nicci French
View attachment 349470

Killing Me Softl
y is one of my all time fave novels. I read it a few times a year. They made a film from the book but changed
so much. Joseph Fiennes (yes he is fine, ha!!) played Adam and Heather Graham played Alice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1599238041265.png

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The poll is closed now ...

1599678284722.png

KILLING ME SOFTLY by Nikki French

The book description is above in the first post. It can also be found, along with reader reviews, at Goodreads

This book was released back in 2008, so check your library, as it may be available without a long wait. It's also available at Amazon in paperback and hardcover formats, as well as an e-book.

Thanks to everyone who voted! It helps us get an idea of the type of books TCS members would like to read.

And those of you who voted for it, and anyone else interested, don't forget to read along with us in October. Then around the last week of October, remember to come back and post your thoughts on the book.

We already know Mia6 Mia6 is going to give it 5 stars. ;)

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The poll is closed now ...

View attachment 350458

KILLING ME SOFTLY by Nikki French

The book description is above in the first post. It can also be found, along with reader reviews, at Goodreads

This book was released back in 2008, so check your library, as it may be available without a long wait. It's also available at Amazon in paperback and hardcover formats, as well as an e-book.

Thanks to everyone who voted! It helps us get an idea of the type of books TCS members would like to read.

And those of you who voted for it, and anyone else interested, don't forget to read along with us in October. Then around the last week of October, remember to come back and post your thoughts on the book.

We already know Mia6 Mia6 is going to give it 5 stars. ;)
Yup!!! It was actually written in 1999.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
gilmargl gilmargl : fingers crossed you still have a copy. :crossfingers:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just borrowed it from the library. I have 3 weeks before it automatically returns, so I'll probably wait a week or so before starting it, so I finish it close to discussion time.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since I read a book every two-three days, I'm going to finish "The Lord God Made Them All" and "Every Living Thing," then start on "Killing Me Softly" sometimes around the middle of next week.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since I read a book every two-three days, I'm going to finish "The Lord God Made Them All" and "Every Living Thing," then start on "Killing Me Softly" sometimes around the middle of next week.
I'll probably start reading it around the same time. Maybe a bit earlier, as I read slower than you do.

Always looking for something to read so thanks for this guys - will defo read ‘Killing me softly‘
Ordering off Amazon as we speak 🤓 📖 📚
Welcome to our little book club! :wave2:

I put in my phone to start reading it so I don't forget!
Fingers crossed your phone remembers to remind you. :crossfingers:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We'll be across the pond again for this month's read but don't fret, Mush has put in plenty of bacon
and rolls, Brown sauce, gammon, Branston pickles, cheese, beans and brown bread for beans on
toast, mince pies, Welsh cakes and scones, hee, hee

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll probably start reading it around the same time. Maybe a bit earlier, as I read slower than you do.

Welcome to our little book club! :wave2:

Fingers crossed your phone remembers to remind you. :crossfingers:
Not only is this lovely site full of lovely cat people, you have a book club too! My 2 fave things 😽❤