Occasional raw - cute story

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do occasionally give my cats raw - mostly chicken and turkey. They like raw turkey meat best. I rinse it well and pat dry, and cut into little  pieces.

I have recently started buying organic whole chickens from Costco - they go into the freezer. These chickens have giblets, which I share with the cats. Same routine as above, tho' I don't feed liver. Not comfortable with that raw. 

These giblet bags DO have chicken necks. Only a couple of my cats will tackle them. But Tex - my sweet, loving little tuxedo... having a piece of chicken neck turns him into a WILD ANIMAL!! 

This is his routine. He snatches it from me and runs, growling, and goes under the kitchen table. I hear, "Snorthiiiiisssss!!!!!!!  Grrrrrrrrrrr!  Yumyumyumyumyum!!!" as he is chewing on his treat and warning his brothers to keep away.  The first time he got tired of it and let me remove it. THIS time, no way!!!  He ATE THE WHOLE THING! BONES AND ALL!    

He loves loves loves it!!! When he was done he got this look of profound disappointment on his face, like... mama... there isn't any more!!!!  

I put the other pieces back in the freezer for a later time.  

Just too funny.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, cute story for sure. Tex knows he's a carnivore. I love these stories of cats growling over meaty bones. Hope mine does this one day.

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Very cute.  Thanks for sharing.  When I cook a whole chicken I offer the cats the innards raw too.  Two of them really love them and I think the others could grow to love them.  I've been afraid to offer the neck (but I'm not afraid of liver
) and you may just have given me the nudge I need to offer the neck.  Mine eat raw, but I've never offered anything bone-in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I meant to put photos of Tex in here but used the wrong link ... so see below!!!Mods - could you remove this post?

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG is he just the cutest thing EVER or what????? :thud: Adrien, his eyes are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

You write a good picture.  I can SEE Tex snarfing under the table.
:yeah: Especially with the pics, I can totally see him being a growly guy, defending and devouring his chicken neck! :flail: Thanks for sharing!

(And I'm the same as txcatmom - I feed them liver to balance their nutrition, but I've only given them chicken wings or quail bones, not chicken necks. :lol3: ).

txcatmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that intense expression is the cutest! Chicken necks...Tex gotta have it!