Obsessively Sucking Kittens...help

afent

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! So I just adopted two malnourished kittens and they are now almost six months old. Because they were malnourished and separated from mom too early, they suckle on everything. Now this is fine and I wouldn't be concerned except it seems to be obsessive. One of them sucks on blankets and the other one only sucks on my face and fingers, making it nearly impossible to sleep or relax because the one compulsively sucks on my face. If I hide my face, he will freak out and do everything in his power to get to my face, but then he may settle for my arm/ear/elbow/toes/fingers/etc or he will just scream. He even sucked his own paw for a small amount of time. Other than shutting the door to keep the kittens out (they have terrible separation anxiety and scream when they are away from us plus we live in a studio), does anyone have any suggestions? ALSO, should I be concerned about the other little guy sucking hard on blankets? I have a hard time denying them sucking because I know it is comforting and it's because of early trauma, but I don't want this to be a harmful habit.