O Christmas Tree

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
or How do I get my cat to quit climbing it?

Quick background--I have 5 cats, four of whom were adopted from the same rescue a couple years ago, and now range in age from 4.5 to 9 (two are at the youngest age, one is believed to be their mother.  None of them are tree climbers. My youngest cat showed up in front of my house last February, then approximately 10-12 months, probably from a hoarder house that got torn down a few blocks away (cat population exploded in the neighborhood with adult cats).

She will not quit climbing the tree--well, it may be moot now, as she broke the base, but how does one get a cat to not climb a Christmas tree?  

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You don't you tie it up with fishing line really well and leave the breakable things away until next year!
We had a tree climber for some years till she out grew it; then a kitten very year for 4 years,
One arrived last Christmas eve was too little to damage anything, this year he is one and we have 4? 6 months olds actually thinking about skipping the tree[emoji]128543[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How long did it take your tree climber to outgrow the urge?

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Usually the branches start to feel to small to then when they are close to full grown, maybe they get up in the bottom ones for a year or so after. But my I Love The Christmas Tree girl lived until she was 11 and I actually miss her very much ! She climbed fairly far up and would lau on yhe branch snd poke her nose out until she was 4 I think. She was only 6 pounds