Nutro Perfect Portions

bitkit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Misread that, yes it was a small triangular file I purchased at home depot, I believe it was part of a Husky brand set. I think a tiny bit smaller triangular file would work better so the end of the tab would go further under the file before opening.

bitkit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't see why a square or rectangular file wouldn't work, it would just need to be the correct size.

bitkit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I may try this with the next Sheba meal!

I'm glad your cats liked it. It's very decent food, especially for the price!
I just fed my cats again and this time I tried opening one of the containers with just my hands, what a pain!

The food did seem to give my cats extra energy, maybe I'll add it into the rotation:)

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just fed my cats again and this time I tried opening one of the containers with just my hands, what a pain!

The food did seem to give my cats extra energy, maybe I'll add it into the rotation:)
Ha ha, now you know what we were griping about! :lol:

Our cats weren't thrilled about Sheba at first but they've grown to love it. I only feed them the pates regularly, with occasional "cuts" as a treat since they're carbier. They particularly like the turkey pate.

I'm glad your cats got to benefit from your experiment with the packaging!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey cat friends...Im wanting to know if anyone has given their cat this food..n if there is any recommendations...on another chicken..or turkey..flavor..with SMALL cuts of meat like these in gravy similar to Nutro Perfect Portions...Chicken..Turkey..flavors Cuts in Gravy???My cat is eating these ok..n I think these are more healthy ingredients than the fancy feast etc...But they are very small..So really im havn to give my cat 2 at time..instead of breaking them apart..cause its too small of a portion..Thanks for any tips...Hes gotten pickier in his older age..but I found something he likes but...I have to give both portions..instead of breaking apart...which is the general idea..But I may have to just feed him the 2 at a time..Especially since its healthy n he likes it..which is a PLUS...ANY IDEAS ABOUT SIMILAR WET FOOD???
Nutro perfect portions I add miko shredded chicken or some other food because ya, the portions aren't perfect! They also like canidae chicken duck in gravey with pieces of meat. 3 oz can

bitkit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Damn I'm curious to know if two pencils or chopsticks taped separately then together would work as well or better. Deciding whether to head to Walmart:)

bitkit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I should've said things I do for science and a pecan pie.
IMG_20190913_044935.jpg

bitkit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried using a couple of pencils, they were too slippery and too big. I found an awesome file set at walmart for $4 and they work even better then the bigger file I used.
IMG_20190913_044801.jpg

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried using a couple of pencils, they were too slippery and too big. I found an awesome file set at walmart for $4 and they work even better then the bigger file I used.View attachment 299794
What a great experiment -- your cats must be enjoying it! The files do, indeed, look perfect because of their roughness. (Side note: I had no idea it was possible to buy a set of files like that!)

I hope the pie was good, too. :p

bitkit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I occasionally find uses for small files and I know I'll find uses for these. They're found in the hardware section of the store, definitely not the section I go to to pick up a nice young lady, that would be the cat food section;). It just dawned on me where my love for cats first began.

The pie was delicious, now anyone reading this knows what to send me if they impliment this idea;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Nutro perfect portions I add miko shredded chicken or some other food because ya, the portions aren't perfect! They also like canidae chicken duck in gravey with pieces of meat. 3 oz can
The canidae u just mentioned..is it like really small pieces of meat...my boy dont like chunks..

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have an issue opening the trays but then I'm used to opening up the pudding snack cups (for myself) which is same type of container.