Nutro Discontinuing Max Canned Food Line

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wish I had seen this before it all disappeared. My picky eater will eat a 1/2 can of the duck but never finishes anything else. I've tried every brand that has duck in it and he will not touch any of them. He eats 2 types of dry and some wet 2x a day so gets enough food. The Nutromax was the first food in 12 yrs that he looked like he was enjoying. I just feel so bad for him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish I had seen this before it all disappeared. My picky eater will eat a 1/2 can of the duck but never finishes anything else. I've tried every brand that has duck in it and he will not touch any of them. He eats 2 types of dry and some wet 2x a day so gets enough food. The Nutromax was the first food in 12 yrs that he looked like he was enjoying. I just feel so bad for him.
Believe me I understand and I'm so sorry. I was so happy to find a food that they BOTH really enjoyed and it was reasonably priced and available through the Amazon subscribe and save. Now it's gone. :sigh:

I bought the Whole Earth Farms chicken and turkey from Chewy and they will eat it but they don't love it. My girls are SO picky. I'm still looking for a replacement that they will love.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got back from Petsmart. I went on a whim. ALL of the Nutro Max is on clearance including the dry. I talked to the cashier and she said that any time anyone buys NM they have to tell them that the food has been discontinued so they know for the future or if they want to get more while it is still there. I was under the impression that it was only the wet food that got discontinued but it seems as though that has changed. I bought a whole case of the lamb & turkey cutlets. I feel like an enabler. My plan when I went in was to keep looking for acceptable substitutes since it will soon be all gone.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I bought the Whole Earth Farms chicken and turkey from Chewy and they will eat it but they don't love it. My girls are SO picky. I'm still looking for a replacement that they will love.
It’s so hard. Nutro Turkey and Nutro duck were a big part of Abby‘s regular rotation. I bought SO many cases when I heard it was being discontinued. Last I looked you can still get the duck pate because I bought more about a month ago. I have a lot of it. She was tentatively eating the new perfect portions turkey, but then wasn’t a fan. Since she’s gotten sick all she will eat is Wellness food. It’s so weird. It’s all about Wellness salmon and Wellness turkey right now. I have gone to many different pet stores and tried so many different foods, but since she started eating again it’s all she will eat. I’m hoping at some point she expands her horizons again.

Have you tried American Journey turkey from Chewy? She was eating that a bit before she got sick.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got back from Petsmart. I went on a whim. ALL of the Nutro Max is on clearance including the dry. I talked to the cashier and she said that any time anyone buys NM they have to tell them that the food has been discontinued so they know for the future or if they want to get more while it is still there. I was under the impression that it was only the wet food that got discontinued but it seems as though that has changed. I bought a whole case of the lamb & turkey cutlets. I feel like an enabler. My plan when I went in was to keep looking for acceptable substitutes since it will soon be all gone.
What kind of clearance pricing did you see for the wet food?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What kind of clearance pricing did you see for the wet food?
The lamb & turkey cutlets were .87 a can. Some of the others were the same. The kitten food was .67 per can.

AbbysMom AbbysMom Yes they tried American Journey. They didn't like it. They sort of like the Tiny Tiger chunks in gravy but do not like the pates at all. I'm glad I only bought 2 cans of the kitten food. It is a pate (the picture on the can doesn't look like that but whatever). I added some cooked turkey to it as a topper. Lilith ate all the turkey off BOTH dishes before her sister could get any. The pate is untouched. :sigh: