Nutrition Concern From Lack Of Variety

mooncat89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi so I moved to the mountains and because of the lack of stores, it's really hard to find anything other than pork, chicken, omega-3 eggs, and beef. I try to stay away from chicken unless it's for bones or it's dark meat. What I want to know is what would be the most important kind of animal to add into her diet to start going back in the right direction. I feel she's getting too much beef because that's where she gets her organs from which is beef liver and beef kidney plus the muscle meat. Eventually I will put in an order for other meats online but that won't be till I can afford the shipping.

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How about turkey? If you can get some that hasn't been injected with brine or something, turkey might be an option for you to get locally.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooncat89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How about turkey? If you can get some that hasn't been injected with brine or something, turkey might be an option for you to get locally.
Ok I'll definitely do that. Thank you.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed primarily chicken, pork and beef. This time of year, I'll get a couple of turkeys (if I can find some that aren't 9% or more "solution added"). The amino acid ratios between chicken and turkey are not very different, but there is some variation. If you have three base proteins in your cat's diet, you should be all right. If you feel like adding more, I'd go with rabbit.