Nutmeg

tatonka1233

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My orange kitten, Nutmeg had passed away yesterday morning. I called nearby vet clinics to see if I could get a necropsy done to see what happened. He was 5 months old and full of life and he just passed away. I was able to get in and get one done. They had called me afterwards saying they had found tumors on his intestinal wall, diagnosing him with lymphoma. I was hoping to see him grow old and him live a better life.

Attachments

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so, so sorry. I'm keeping you in my prayers.
Losing a cat is never easy, especially when they're so little and young. It sounds like you have him the best life possible, however, and I'm sure that not only was he very happy with you, he was so fortunate to have found you. Rest easy knowing that.
💕

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looked like a little trooper, my heart goes out to you for your loss. I hope you can draw comfort from the fact that you gave him the best life he could wish for, full of caring and love. That he could die at home, surrounded by all he loved is comforting, he is at peace because of that love. Sometimes the cards are just stacked against them, there is just too much for them to overcome. I cry for each and every one of them, they are so precious and innocent.
His little soul will be bonded with yours forever, he will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. You both tried so hard to make a happy life for him, and you succeeded, he will forever be grateful that he had your love. Try not to make his death more important than his life, he loved life so much and tried so hard, his life was oh so more important. It is almost impossible right now in the midst of grief, but eventually, you will draw strength from the love you two shared and get through this. His memory will always bring a pang of pain to your heart, but the good memories will somehow overshadow the bad in time. Remember, none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow, and we have to grab at each and every chance of happiness and joy in life. To spend it dwelling in misery is never what any of them would want for us, or what we would want for them if we were the first to go. right now your heart is hurting, but eventually, you will be able to open it once more to another little one who so desperately needs someone to love. and in this way you keep Nutmeg's own love alive, allowing it to grow and expand, perpetuating his memory and bringing honor to his name. Like a mother's love for each and every child, each one unique and precious.
My thoughts and prayers are with you both. I pray your heart heals a little more each day, but it takes a long time. just take each day as it comes, one foot in front of the other, one day at a time........RIP little lion-hearted Nutmeg. You will never be forgotten, you'll forever have a place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, no, I'm so sorry. Poor little baby, and you. It's hard to lose them so young. I know you gave him a wonderful life while you could. My heart goes out to you.

Rest in peace, little Nutmeg. :rbheart:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that this happened to you and him, maybe for some strange reason it was for the best, maybe he would've had a long hard life with a lot of problems and suffering, but it is not easy and it is not fair I know, but you did the best that you could for him and he knows it, for some reason he just had to move on quickly to the next life.

"It is better to have had a good, short life than a long, bad one" :rbheart:

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, little Nutmeg, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Oh, my dear, I am so sorry. He was so young, but...where there is love, an eternity would not have been long enough. With what I've seen cats go through with lymphoma, I can only be relieved that he was happy and bright right up to the end. And never fear, he DID have a better life. He lived, and breathed and had his being wrapped in your love. Doesn't matter how long it was, for him, it was his whole life long. What more would he ask? And now, he is in That Place Where All Things Are Known, and he blesses you for every moment that you shared. And his love for you, translated and purified into Love, he sends back to comfort you. It will never leave, for Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

kittysmother

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is so sad he was so young and you didn't get much time with him. The true blessing is he didn't have to go through any of that alone. He had a safe home and love to keep him safe at the end. He was a cutie pie. I'm sorry you didn't have a chance to know him longer.