Nursing Queen And Proper Nutrition

sneezles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My queen Miss Alice had her litter two days ago. (Oops litter) She is scheduled with my vet to be spayed when she weans the babies... Dad has been neutered already... So no more possible oops litters...

She is very finicky on her food. I bought wet kitten food she doesn't like it.. She nibbles a little on the dry kitten kibble.. We won't even drink the KMR formula.... She loves adult wet food with the gravy... I am mixing KMR powder and dry kibble in with the adult wet food...

My question is this: how much KMR powder do I need to mix in with the wet? I add about a tablespoon of the dry as well... How many cans of adult wet should she get? I want to make sure her and the babies stay healthy and happy...

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
What does she normally eat? You could offer her that food, just be sure it's always available. It's not really necessary to give her kitten food unless she isn't eating enough of her regular food.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When was the dad neutered?

Be sure to keep the kittens with mom until they are at least 10-12 weeks old. Can you get them fixed before they go to their new homes?

It is most important that mom eats. Feed her whatever she will eat. You’ll want to make sure that she has access to dry food all of the time, and meals of wet food throughout the day.