Number of flirt poles?

jeannem

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How many do you own? On Mondays I have a lot of cleaning and laundry to do. I try to rotate which one I use. Suki doesn't seem to like any of them on some days. Then agin on other days she seems to like all of them.
Is this Suki in her princess attitude? Cats are SO different from dogs!
j

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to ask. What are flirt poles?
Flirt pole - Wikipedia. It appears that this is the usual canine name for a wand toy (though with dogs I think the "wand" is a good deal sturdier). For cats, they're generally known either as wand toys or cat-fishing poles.

In answer to your question, jeannem jeannem , I suspect it varies by the mood she's in and what the toy on the end of the string is.

And in answer to your other question, I just have one at the moment. It has a long, snaky piece of fuzzy cloth attached that tends to sort of float through the air. And when we aren't playing with it it lives buried under the cushions at the back of the sofa where Jasmine can't get to it and drag it around the house noisily in the middle of the night. She likes this toy even better than the red dot (which she almost never gets to play with because she's figured out where it comes from and tends to look directly at the laser pointer instead of at the red dot).

Margret

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find some get bored. Da bird is great and my cats love the necko flies. The package comes with 2 wands and I think 8 different attachments so might keep it interesting. Be sure to never leave them out either :)

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have an outside one for the dogs, it's a lunge whip for horses actually but the cats like it too. In the house I think there's only one and I wish it was slightly longer. I'm pretty sure both of my cats will chase just about anything moving but feathers seem to be very popular.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have two. The cat dancer and pet fit for life ones. Neko-chan is still fairly young so she loves both and will cry to let me know it's play time of I'm late on weekends.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone and Gracie have two and it's the same ones I got them when we first got them in May. I have had to stitch up one of them because Gracie likes to disembowel anything with stuffing in it. :ohwell:

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get one now and again but they get destroyed quickly by the dogs, grandkids and less so, the cats.

She likes this toy even better than the red dot (which she almost never gets to play with because she's figured out where it comes from and tends to look directly at the laser pointer instead of at the red dot).
Ha ha, our dearly departed Poppy figured the same once and thereafter completely lost interest as if she'd suddenly realised she'd been conned.
I remember it clearly. One day mid play, she slowly looked up from said dot to the source in my hand. She walked away in disgust and that was the end of that game. :disappointed: