Nuby's Kittens!

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pics are here! This is Gizmo....(the only one we have named so far..lol)

And this is my favorite kit!

Here the other black with white tummy kit....

*i couldn't get a good enough close up pic of the other tortishell kit..he/she has a half white face*

We looked in once and found them all lined up neatly in a row with no help from Nuby!

Aren't they all just adorable!

The one on it's back is Gizmo
The one with the orange splotch next to Gizmo is the other tortishell kit..

And finally this is the other tortishell nursing....

charmed654321

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are adorable!

Please be careful with the pictures. Flashes and strong direct light can hurt kittens' eyes, especially before they open because they are still developing. You should use indirect light, put something over the flash, and try to take them when the kittens faces are buried in Mom.

Taking them out like that, and bringing them to the light to take close up pictures at this age is not really a good idea. It's also best to handle, pet and interract with the kittens when they're with Mom, and not take them out unless absolutely necessary again, at least until they open their eyes. That's when you can start playing with them out of the box a lot more (as long as Mom is okay with it).

once they are older and their eyes open you can do a lot more, just try to use something over hte flash to cut the brightness somewhat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The room wasn't very bright...and I wasn't that close to the kittens. I zoomed up on the computer and saved the pic.
And we only took them out once to move them.....she had them in a cabnet. lol We moved them to a soft cat bed thing.

Thanks for telling me though! I will be very careful.

shambelle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Firefly*21

*i couldn't get a good enough close up pic of the other tortishell kit..he/she has a half white face*
your adorable torties are girls.

torties are always girls unless they have a genetic abnormality - being XXY instead of XX. It's Kleinfelter's syndrome in humans - a male with feminine characteristics. When it happens in cats, you get the very rare male torti.

timestreason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I dissagree that you shouldn't handle them a lot until their eyes open. I handled my kittens about twice a day after they were born (to weigh them and to make sure I didn't see any infections on the umbilical cord and such), so they grew used to the human touch from a verrrry young age, which is good. Now, at 4 weeks (tomorrow) they love being pet and touched. Not held, really, but they're getting used to that as well. I don't think there's an age that's 'too young' to handle. Granted, not a LOT of picking up, maybe once or twice a day until they get steadier...but lots of petting and touching is good.

Nuby has beautiful babies! They're so adorable! *coo*
I love the tux kittens, they're so cool! Crash (one of my kittens) is a tux, too, and she's just so adorable and cute (and very naughty...).

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by shambelle

torties are always girls unless they have a genetic abnormality - being XXY instead of XX. It's Kleinfelter's syndrome in humans - a male with feminine characteristics. When it happens in cats, you get the very rare male torti.
That's cool! I actually have a grown female torti! Thanks for the really neat fact!

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by timestreason

I dissagree that you shouldn't handle them a lot until their eyes open. I handled my kittens about twice a day after they were born (to weigh them and to make sure I didn't see any infections on the umbilical cord and such), so they grew used to the human touch from a verrrry young age, which is good. Now, at 4 weeks (tomorrow) they love being pet and touched. Not held, really, but they're getting used to that as well. I don't think there's an age that's 'too young' to handle. Granted, not a LOT of picking up, maybe once or twice a day until they get steadier...but lots of petting and touching is good.

Nuby has beautiful babies! They're so adorable! *coo*
I love the tux kittens, they're so cool! Crash (one of my kittens) is a tux, too, and she's just so adorable and cute (and very naughty...).
Well, my mom is taking care of them....so I won't be there to do anything.

OMG!! Tux kitties!!! I didn't even realize I had them!
I was looking at the thread with everyone's tux kitties and was thinking.........
"Man, I wish I had a tux kittie to show off...."
Just my luck I get two!!!

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute! And Gizmo is a great name! (bit biased as my eldest cat is a Gizmo too) - all the best with the adorable kittens

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yup Gizmo seems to be the favorite of everyone!
Gizmo is already a pic hog!
It seems every pic i try to take she is right up front and looking at the camera!

i say she based on the torti thing

firefly*21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nuby is doing great! My mom says she is taking care of them and everything! She says the kittens are getting nice and fat on milk..hehe I'm going to see them again soon! My birthday is this Thursday, so I should see them before or after that.

mommaoftwo2006

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by shambelle

That's really funny I didn't even know that fact..however I had 2 males growing up..I had a male that I got when he was 8 weeks old and when he got old enough to mate he did with the neighbors cat and she had another male which I took. they were the sweetest cats ever...that's nice to know I had 2 rare cats!