Now you know....useful information

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
They look terrible in my apartment but It's a compromise I have to deal with. :ohwell:
Also, Don't buy dull knives. If you accidentally cut yourself with a dull knife, the wound would be a lot deeper because of the amount of force you have to use to cut an object. So that's why I don't use knives. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
Every knife used regularly will become dull so purchase an inexpensive knife sharpener and run your knives through it every few uses.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You really only need to drink water when you are thirsty. It's unnecessary to force yourself to drink a certain amount of water a day. Have you ever tried to drink more water after you were no longer thirsty? You're body basically tries to make it more difficult to swallow because you don't need more water.

Here's a link to an article about it.
[/URL]
I agree with that! I think the problem can be when we train ourselves to ignore thirst. DH and I have had many disagreements over how much to drink. He always said often when you think you are hungry; you’re actually thirsty. I’ve never really agreed with that. Putting liquid in your stomach during a fast does help you ignore hunger. I think it sounds like something you would say to your kids to avoid having to give them snacks. 😏 DH sweats a lot at work and has felt worse when drinking too much but not replacing salts and electrolytes and things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Found this online...thought it was fitting.
1618525433033.png

I knew 9 of them for sure....although a few others seemed "familiar" when I read them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you smell fish in a room....and nobody is cooking fish...unplug everything and investigate...
Supposedly, when circuits overheat (which can lead to a fire) they smell like fish...