Now Kairi is hissing at Missy!

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kairi has met Missy (Shiloh Shepherd) through bars, and it's been ok. Missy loves kitties, and Kairi is a kitten so I figured it would be a bunt. Kairi had really no reaction before, so this kinda blew my mind.

Kairi stays in the bathroom (downstairs) until he can maneuver the steps better and until the Missy can be trusted not to step on him in her excitement. he's just so tiny!

Tonight I went to use the bathroom, and Kairi slipped out, and Missy was waiting right there. I grabbed Kairi, and he saw Missy and he flipped out. (Remember-she's HUGE) Hissing, growling, spitting and his fur was completely standing on end. Missy back up a pace like she couldn;t believe her eyes. He didn't claw me, but he was so completely upset I just took him into the bathroom, and 10 seconds later he was fine and purring. I didn't want to put him back into the situation again, so after he got stroked for awhile, I left him alone, and now he's meowing to get out again.
(Like the little tom and jerry mouse-"Let me at him"-what a tough guy. )

I hope he's going to get over being frightened, and like Missy. She's a good pal to all critters, especially the small ones.

Do you think Kairi will get over this? He hissed at Angel (Maltese) this afternoon, but she had been trying to jump up on the chair me and Kairi were sitting on. Both my dogs are very "In your face" types, and I hope Kairi can deal with the pooches. He calmed down, and sat for awhile with Angel on the other side of me with no incident, I'm going to try again, tomorrow. I hope it goes better than this surprise encounter did.