Contest November Picture Of The Month: Cats And Blankets

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
:lovecat3:...................................................................................... :lovecat3:

It's follow the cat/s around with your camera time again!

.....................................***************

This month’s Picture of the Month is:
Cats and Blankets

In many places around the world it's becoming a little chilly;
a perfect time to capture your beloved furries with their favourite (or even not-so-favourite) cuddle rugs.

You'll have a lot of fun being a part of it all,
and you may win a rather wonderful TCS T-shirt!

Prizes can be shipped worldwide

Submissions will be accepted for the next seven days.

Something to remember.. If you would like a heads-up on what the next topic will be, make sure you subscribe to the newsletter
Newsletter Subscription Tutorial

The Rules:

1. Choose the best picture you have for our monthly theme and post it to this thread. Please mention the cat's name!
  2. Image needs to be clear and not too small. 480 pixels high by 640 pixels wide minimum. Larger is better.
  3. One submission per member please
  4. No special effects, borders, graphics or text on the pictures.
Announcement - Photo Editing For Contests - What's Allowed, And What's Not
Photos will not necessarily be monitored during the contest. If your photo fails to comply with the above rules we may have to exclude it from the voting stage.

Our cats are ALL amazingly beautiful! This friendly photo contest is about the way in which the cat is captured in the picture. We're not looking for professional photography, but do try to keep things like image quality, lighting and composition in mind.

Good luck everyone!

:purr:

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Entry : baby Tibby

my first thought was BLANKETS? how will I ever pick one, all of my cat photos are in blankets because CATS.. BLANKETS.. lol. but then I thought but baby tibby and I knew which photo to pick. this was actually the easiest contest for me so far to pick a picture. lol.

this was a thing when he was a kitten. I'd often find him all tucked in this next pic (not an entry ) is another version that looks quite a bit more uncomfortable. but hey if you want to use a racetrack as a pillow who I am to stop you lol

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All your blankets are belong to Lelia.
20181109_180200.jpg

I get the newsletter, too, which usually just means more time for Lelia not to cooperate. Fortunately, she owns the bed so I had several good choices this time around. :cutecat:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
ENTRY Honeybee of course!

FB_IMG_1506106321713.jpg

Honeybee has this red velvet blanket that is getting ragged and has threads pulled out from her sucking and kneading on it. But I don't mind! Having a biscuit kitty is worth all the shreaded blankets in the world!

This picture she was passed out after biting and licking her banana...this was taken in the summertime when she got her haircut. She sleeps in the strangest positions!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
get the newsletter, too, which usually just means more time for Lelia not to cooperate. Fortunately, she owns the bed so I had several good choices this time around.
LOL. That's usually the same with Ruby. But she, also, loves the bed and blankets, so I had a lot of pics to choose from.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ENTRY Honeybee of course!

View attachment 262316

Honeybee has this red velvet blanket that is getting ragged and has threads pulled out from her sucking and kneading on it. But I don't mind! Having a biscuit kitty is worth all the shreaded blankets in the world!

This picture she was passed out after biting and licking her banana...this was taken in the summertime when she got her haircut. She sleeps in the strangest positions!
our cats love these types of blankets too. we can't sleep with them because static drives the humans batty at least, so we keep a couple of the velvet types on the couch for them. they snorgle and snorgle and snorgle on them when we watch tv. it's really funny. we just got this one called sherpa from costco a couple weeks ago. the discovery of a new snorgle blanket is hilarious. they're like ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is still one of my favorite pictures of Reese. She was probably born around May, so she grew up in HOT months. Like, 100 degrees Idaho desert hot. When the weather turned, she would walk around mewling pitifully because she was cold. I decided to break out the electric blanket for her.

This is not staged at all. I turned it on and left it to warm up, then came back about 20 minutes later to find her like this.

Reeseblankie.png

Last edited: