November 2022 Book of the Month Club ---- The Girls in the Stilt House

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've read a few pages. I'm trying to finish another book first, but if it's not soon, I'll abandon ship so I read with the Book Club! :clap:
I got it from my library's hoopla. Read the prologue. It should be good.
Lari Lari & nurseangel nurseangel : So glad you both are reading with us. :grouphug:

The book is a pretty fast read. I only started it Monday, and I'm 36% read already. The chapters are short too. So you can easily finish one before putting the book (or e-reader) down.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking of you all enjoying the Girls in the Stilt House! Sorry I can't join you. Last month I read a lot; this month I'm only reading in bed but spending some time working on a 1000-piece jigsaw (with my cats :help:) - the picture is of bookshelves with old books and other odd items. The books are just as difficult to find here as Girls in the Stilt House! For example: The Valley of the Bowls, One Flew over the Snooker Rest, Lord of the Pies, Gone with the Wine and The Spy who Came in with a Cold. :lol:.
When it's finished I'll post a photo in "Jigsaws" but meanwhile I'll continue to read all your posts in this thread. ( 🤫By the way - I've just read all but one of the December short stories - as they were free! No doubt I'll have to reread them before the date for posting our comments)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry it wasn't your kind of book, laureen227 laureen227 . Maybe one of the Christmas short stories we're reading in December will be more to your liking.

Out of curiosity, what kind of books do you normally read? Have you read any recently that you really enjoyed?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry it wasn't your kind of book, laureen227 laureen227 . Maybe one of the Christmas short stories we're reading in December will be more to your liking.

Out of curiosity, what kind of books do you normally read? Have you read any recently that you really enjoyed?
I like a little of everything - but I tend to gravitate towards humorous/light-ish stuff except for crime related books...oh, I also like some biographies/young adult/and sagas like Michener's or Auel's books. Basically, though, I need mostly good things to happen to the good people in the book - bad people can have bad stuff happen, or one or two characters could be hurt, but not the main ones. I also like some paranormal, especially those that have a romance/police angle. Most of King's & Koontz's books. Right now, I'm biding time until the 3rd in a trilogy comes out. I've read the 1st, but not the 2nd - planning to re-read the 1st, read the 2nd, then the 3rd after it comes out (11/22).
I also do a LOT of re-reading! I watch very little TV, so I'm reading every day - if it's a weekend, possibly all day long.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I watch very little TV, so I'm reading every day - if it's a weekend, possibly all day long.
Too bad you missed our October book club thread, as it was "choose your own book" so with all you're reading, you probably would have had something to review. We'll be doing it again early in the new year, so hopefully you'll be able to join us then.

And, again, maybe you can join us in December, as the short stories are all available to read online.
Here's the thread with the info, if you want to check it out.
December 2022 Book of the Month Club - Christmas Short Stories 🎄