November 2021 book of the month club

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The book we've chosen for November is the 2006 debut novel by # 1 New York Times, best selling author, Gillian Flynn.

The book for November 2021 is
Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

1633279476989.png

We will be reading it between November 1st and November 21st
Discussion will begin November 22nd

Everyone is welcome to read along with us. You can RSVP that you're going to read it, by posting in this thread.

Reviews can be read at Goodreads:
Sharp Objects

I think that covers everything, however, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Quick question! do I need to read Gone Girl / Dark places in order to understand this?? I'd like to read it! But when I went to buy it I saw a boxed set and wanted to just make sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Krienze Krienze : No. All 3 novels are standalones, so you don't need to read them in order.

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Would love to join! I've read it before but I have horrible mid term memory so I often re read and re watch things I've liked as I forget most everything that happened. :biggrin:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
noani noani : Welcome to TCS. :wave2: Glad you're considering reading along with us in November.

We're currently celebrating our book club's 2nd anniversary, with a "read anything you want" book in October. So maybe you might like to join us earlier than November. That goes for you, too, Krienze Krienze , and anyone else reading.
Here's the link with more info: October 2021 book of the month club - 2 year anniversary celebration

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I felt "Gone Girl" was not a very satisfactory read. Is "Sharp Objects" better or equally frustrating?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I felt "Gone Girl" was not a very satisfactory read. Is "Sharp Objects" better or equally frustrating?
I've not read either, so I'm not any help. Maybe skim some of the reviews at Goodreads?

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've not read either, so I'm not any help. Maybe skim some of the reviews at Goodreads?
Thank you for the tip. Just the questions and answers on Goodreads have put me off the book. If I'm going to have to skip the "disturbing" parts, I may as well read something where the subject matter is generally less painful to me as the reader. I don't mind a murder or two but .......... there is a limit :read:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1635783527831.png

Just bumping this thread since it's November 1st.

Anyone start Sharp Objects yet?