November 2020 book of the month club

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know I asked the questions, so I know my answers, LOL. But I'll answer in case anyone is curious. ;)

1. E-books only

2. I'm cheap, or maybe it's thrifty, so borrow e-books from library or Hoopla, or the freebies from Bookbub

3. I don't buy books, but will make an exception if a book we choose for the book club isn't available through my library. But my spending limit won't be more than $10.00

4.I enjoy a lot of different types of fiction, including thrillers and historical. Also enjoy biographies, for non-fiction

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1. Do you read regular books, e-books, or both?
2. Do you buy books full price, buy used copies, or borrow from the library?
3. If you buy books, is there a limit to how much you'll spend, or does it depend on the book?
4. What genre of books do you like to read?
1. Both. I prefer print, but buy some things on Kindle due to the price. Favorite authors are ALWAYS print.
2. I generally order from Thriftbooks when I can. I'd have to pay $14 round trip for a cab to the library! When the budget permits, I buy new...and I ALWAYS find money for a new Janna DeLeon!
3. It depends on the book.
4. Cozy mysteries with cat themes or cooking themes (with recipes...I've gotten some great ones there!), True ghost stories, GOOD historical fiction, alternative reality fiction (Rome never fell, South won the war, Germany won that war, etc), poetry, and true crime, in no particular order except that the first is my favorite.