Novapaque

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All,

Have any of you heard of Novapaque? It was prescribed to my kitten for vomiting and loose stool but I can't find any information on it. Is it an antibiotic or simply like a Pepto for cats? Any information is appreciated! Thank you

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! This is what I found, literally nothing else, on the internet, posted as a query to a dog forum in 2013 and had zero replies.

"I have a Pomeranian. I came home one afternoon from work and he had vomited, urinated, and messed on the floor in several locations, something he never does. He was lethargic and had no appetite. I thought that perhaps it was just an upset stomach and decided to wait a few hours to see if he would improve. Throughout the evening and night there was no improvement and he was taken to the vet the next morning. He was diagnosed with gastroenteritis and given novapaque (a white liquid) to settle his stomach and flagyl for bacterial concerns. Over the course of the day, and on these two meds, he improved dramatically and by evening he was almost back to normal. I tried searching for novapaque (on the internet of course) and found very little information about it. Does anyone know if this is a fairly new med vets are now dispensing/prescribing to canines for this ailment?"

Back to me - seems really odd there's still no info?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Momto3newkittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yea that is the only thing I could find on it too. It sounds like it's more of a pepto. She finished her meds yesterday and she had a goopey poop this afternoon so I was thinking maybe it's an antibiotic and this is just the left over leaving her body? Thanks for looking!

kirathecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise