Nova And I Say Hi!

algakatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Nova, my 4 month old Maine Coon, a total sweetie. I finally got him about 5 days ago after waiting for him since he was 1 month old and he is my very first cat!
His favorite activities are: sleeping anywhere but on his cat bed, eating, playing with anything he can get his "tiny" paws on and waking me up at 6 am just to play with him :biggrin:
His one and only dislike: collars, he just paws and bites and licks and scratches at them until I take them off
Many more pics to come of my sweet coonie! :wave3:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello algakatt algakatt , on behalf of The Catsite community, I warmly welcome you and Nova to TCS :wave3:

I'm tabbytom and I'm a Mentor here in Catsite. Feel free to ask questions if you have any in regards to getting around the site. I'm here to help :thumbsup:

Here are some articles to read to help you get started with the site.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Forum Rules
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post

Do check out the informative forum threads and also the many good reads in the Articles section too.

Nova is so beautiful :lovecat::lovecat4: Yes, do post more photos of her :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

algakatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you guys for all the kind welcome messages! I will certainly make him an album in the near future for his pictures :biggrin:

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine What a coincidence, I actually live in Bucharest :wave3:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
<laughter>

algakatt algakatt - No coincidence at all; the set of the ears gave Nova's heritage away (he's by Panco's Chrome Magnetism, or from that line, isn't he?) almost without a second glance. Ana's bloodlines are just incredible; more International Grands and International Bests than any other modern breeder, I think, and Romania has almost now become the Capital of Maine Coon Cats. If you intend to show Nova, he's destined for great things. You might need to set a couple of rooms aside to hold all the ribbons.

algakatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine
You are pretty much spot on and he is indeed from that line. I’m amazed at how accurately you managed to deduce all of that! I can assure you I wouldn’t have; you certainly seem to be very well-versed when it comes to cats

I have actually been thinking about attending shows but, considering he is my very first cat, I still have a whole lot to learn (learning more and more every day actually) and I am quite hesitant. I certainly feel very lucky to have a cat like him though! I have yet to meet another cat that has such a good temper as he does. I am definitely even more in love with the Maine Coon breed now. For the time being, shows or not, he is definitely going to be pampered! :lol:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Their cats are adored by judges throughout Europe because of their temperament (and I have no doubt that they've all been spoiled at home). As to recognition, I have attended a cat show or two over the last sixty years, and this bloodline is almost unmistakable. Nova looks so much like Chrome that it's uncanny (his kitten pictures are still all over the internet):

Panco's "Chrome Magnetism" "weeks" - Google Search

The forehead marking is absolutely identical, and they share that flawless body conformation which elevates a "very fine" Maine Coon Cat to "exceptional" at the judging stand. It's wonderful to know that your first cat is so stunning. I have no doubt that Nova was worth every day of waiting; he's what this giant breed should look like in every respect.

Addendum: I have a slight advantage. One of my dear Friends in Grasse recently bought two Maine Coons from Chatterie de Cimiez in Nice for his Wife:

Bienvenue à Ch’Anne Chatterie de Cimiez ... Elevage familial de chats Maine Coon ...... chats cats......... chatons kittens......... Alpes Maritimes Nice France

sired by Hélios:

"Hélios " maine coon cat - Google Search

who is also out of Chrome Magnetism's line.

Last edited:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome algakatt algakatt and Nova! I am so glad to meet you! Nova does indeed look like the sweetest cat. His ears are beautiful. Isn't it the best way to be woken every day, by a cat wanting to play! :catrub: My Speedy will gently put her paw on my face in the morning to wake me and play and cuddle. I am so happy to see the beautiful photos, thank you so much! Speedy and I look forward to seeing you on this awesome site! :):bigeyes::wave3:

algakatt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine
You have a very good eye for the small details, if it weren’t for you I certainly wouldn’t have noticed just how similar the two are(it is indeed quite uncanny). I did attend a cat exposition(my first and only to date) where I met Ana in person and saw some of her adult cats, including Chrome, which turned out to be much bigger in person than I had anticipated and exceptionally gorgeous!

Thank you for the kind comments by the way, they certainly made my day:hearthrob:

Your friends wife must be very lucky getting two Coons from a cattery with cats that look so beautiful! Hélios looks absolutely stunning and very well taken care of by the way. If anything, a beauty like him only makes me want to get my Nova a Coonie friend sometime in the future :lol:

R raysmyheart
Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, getting woken up by a cat certainly makes your day a whole lot better, even if it’s so early in the morning. Your cat sounds adorable! Nova does similar things, but also likes to purr and rub himself on my legs and sometimes if I don’t wake up he goes to lay on me and stars kneading. I’m glad he doesn’t meow at me till I wake up honestly :lol:! I also look forward to seeing you and Speedy around, she sounds like a great cat!:redheartpump:

surya surya
Thank you for the welcome! He is indeed, haha :biggrin:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh, you are in for a TREAT with a Maine Coon! They are wonderful friends! They're my favorite breed, and I've been blessed with several over the years.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, look at that gorgeous kitten belly!

I'm glad you found such a wonderful cat to be your first, and we're very happy to have you here on The Cat Site. You'll find that this is a wonderful community of cat lovers, with advice and comfort for just about every problem you have with your kitty (yes, there will be problems, because that's how things always work), and happy to celebrate all the joys of being owned by a cat with you. And, by the way, we're all suckers for cat pictures. We hope to see many more of Nova.

Welcome! Margret

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Nova, my 4 month old Maine Coon, a total sweetie. I finally got him about 5 days ago after waiting for him since he was 1 month old and he is my very first cat!
His favorite activities are: sleeping anywhere but on his cat bed, eating, playing with anything he can get his "tiny" paws on and waking me up at 6 am just to play with him :biggrin:
His one and only dislike: collars, he just paws and bites and licks and scratches at them until I take them off
Many more pics to come of my sweet coonie! :wave3:
Welcome, really lovely kitty cat :lovecat: