Resolved Notifications And Pics

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow, looks like you don't even have to SELECT a picture. I just clicked on the camera to see what would happen and then browsed and it took me over to my PC. There is one entire file of pix below...until I delete it, which I'm going to do before hitting "post". That's a little scary

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not getting them consistently for any thread. I just got a notification for this response, but it is the first one. The problem is with both new threads and old threads from the old platform. It is inconsistent. I might get one, then no more. For this thread, this is the first notification I have received.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You may have forums and threads that are marked "watched" because you'd subscribed to them on the old platform, but you aren't getting email notifications for them because you need to "watch" them all over again on this one.
An easy way to do it is to go to your Alert Preferences and look for "Watched Forums" under "Your Account" on the left.

You can toggle the boxes next to the forums, then go to the bottom and choose "Enable email notifications", "Enable alerts", etc.. Over on the right you'll see what's enabled for each forum.

watched forum page my account.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You may have forums and threads that are marked "watched" because you'd subscribed to them on the old platform, but you aren't getting email notifications for them because you need to "watch" them all over again on this one.
An easy way to do it is to go to your Alert Preferences and look for "Watched Forums" under "Your Account" on the left.

You can toggle the boxes next to the forums, then go to the bottom and choose "Enable email notifications", "Enable alerts", etc.. Over on the right you'll see what's enabled for each forum.

View attachment 176463
Thank you. Have done this; fingers crossed for the morning

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
If you're still having issues with notifications, can you please start a separate thread about that and give examples of threads or forums you're subscribed to and aren't getting notifications? Keep in mind notifications aren't necessarily emails in this system. Most of them are supposed to go to your alerts. That generates a small message on your screen when it happens and then waits for you in your alert center (top-right corner).