Resolved Notifications And Pics

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have two problems...
*No email notifications although box ticked.
*can't post a picture. I press icon which takes me to image or url but can't go any further.
I use my phone to post to site, don't know if that would make a difference.
Any ideas?. Thanks

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What are you missing email notifications for? Is it for things posted after the move?

You need to click "upload a file" under the posting box to post a pic. :)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the opposite issue this morning - dozens of emails when I'd reset everything to NO EMAIL. We need a single option as we had at the old site to stop any email from being sent by the site.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What are you missing email notifications for? Is it for things posted after the move?

Yes. Nothing has come through since the change over.

You need to click "upload a file" under the posting box to post a pic. :)
t
thanks

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had the opposite issue this morning - dozens of emails when I'd reset everything to NO EMAIL. We need a single option as we had at the old site to stop any email from being sent by the site.
If you go into your profile and edit your preferences, you should be able to stop emails. :)

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have not clicked the "unwatch". I am still posting to it and it shows what looks like an eye on the right side.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Are any emails from the site coming in for you? How about notifications for this thread?

As for the image upload issue, let's wait another day to see what can be done because right now images aren't working as they should due to a glitch which should be fixed by tomorrow.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not getting emails either from posts I have subscribed to or posted in.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not getting email notifications, either. Only for my Question of the Day, which I posted to the new site. Looking at my profile, I can see the watched threads, and they all SAY email on the righthand side.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm having email notification glitches too. Some are coming through but others aren't.

Just thinking - this is probably because this platform doesn't send email notifications for alerts that come up whilst you're logged in :idea: Is this change partly what's causing the confusion?

(I think I may still be lacking some notifications from when I'm NOT logged in though:confused:)

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are any emails from the site coming in for you? How about notifications for this thread?

As for the image upload issue, let's wait another day to see what can be done because right now images aren't working as they should due to a glitch which should be fixed by tomorrow.

I have checked that what boxes should be ticked are, but no emails

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
As a stop-gap, I have systematically gone through and posted in each of my current watched threads. This seems to start the notifications coming in those threads, at least!:confused:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For those of you still lacking email notifications - check your junk mail! I just found a bunch of TCS notifications there :winkcat:Guessing it's to do with the computer not recognising the new server/platform :dunno:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm now getting the ones I have actually replied to on the new platform, so we progress!:D

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
To post a photo you now click on the wee camera.
:flail: I will NOT lick the camera! :lolup: Wish I had a nickle for every unintentional funny I have posted over the years! Hekitty and I would be living large!

AND THERE'S another strange thing! When I got the notification, it said "LICK!" So I'm leaving it here as an example...NOW it says click, but in my notification, it is "lick."