Not sure what to do getting close to giving up

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flamingo1981

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
update

it is not that bad she has not done it since, one thing is she was born outdoors and has always beeen a outdoor indoor type working cat so big canines trigger anxiety in her since in the past she hadd run ins with dangerous canines my dog looks like a wolf and is fast moving reactive even when shes not being aggressive so i dont know maybe that might have done something.

I live in a safe quiet area with few cars now so i let her out on my poarch and she seems a lot more happy, there are rats out there big ones and she started stalking them I think or waiting for them, she use to kill a lot of brown/wharf rats that would get into the basement of buildings she was born outside and taught to do this by her mom.  We found her pretty much eating on her own like 9 years ago.

anyways she seems a lot better her hair is not shedding she does not seem stressed i do lock my dog away when she comes in and out of the door, i just cant understand it because my dog loved her, my dog would take a bullet for her in the past, and one time we had to stay in my parents basement her and my dog got along great its just since i moved here seven months ago she has  been a mess, i dont know if there are ghosts in this house or something

they said there was no bacteria in her urine when i called them back, they said her urine was just concentrated and thyroid was too low? so we cut back on the thyroid meds i guess they gave her anti biotics for what? Just makes no sense i remember the first vet telling me they did find bacteria in it?

Last edited:

flamingo1981

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
when she is on the main floor and my dog is in her crate my cat is so nervous still like shes walking on eggshells? if my dog makes sudden movements she will bolt upstairs, i dont know if shes confused or what

wasabipea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not that I'm an advocate of anti depressants / anti-anxiety meds, I was strongly against them... but my cat Roni was constantly in and out of the vet's office for urine / inappropriate elimination issues, which I was assuming were UTIs. We did the aspiration and there was no bacteria present in her urine even tho there was blood.

My vet said to try amiltryptiline, which is like kitty prozac, because she thought Roni might have stress related cystitis (a painful inflammation of the bladder, hence the blood). Roni has always been a nervous cat, with a "worried" look on her face at all times. When it hurts them to urinate, they associate pain with the box and try to find a place to pee that doesn't hurt, so kitty is likely not trying to be difficult, just trying to find a pain free pee spot.

I agreed to try the amiltryptiline - the first couple of weeks she was a zombie and stared into space and slept all the time, but once her body got used to it, she was the same personality cat, without the worry/anxiety all the time. The trips to the vet decreased and I had to re-train her to use her box, but it helped.

Might be worth a chat with the vet for their opinion. I'd guess the antibiotics are because of any blood in the urine, and the possibility of heading off any infections before they start. Just a guess though.

Good luck, it's frustrating I know.

flamingo1981

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She actually did go again once i think

I am convinced it is FIC no problem with bacteria yet concentrated urine and super sensative to stress?

flamingo1981

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she is already on thyroid meds? I read valium type meds are also used?

Last night hwen my monster dog moved in her crate i noticed she bolted up the stairs (cat) just the fast movement of a large animal did it, But if i did it she would not even notice because i always jump out of bed if my macaw flys by she wont even wake up its just canines, but still makes no sense because she lived 4  years with the dog

That is when i think she went pee again so it has sto be FIC

Last edited: