Not sure if she’s pregnant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, I know I'm a bit late on this one. I'm glad the kittens are safely delivered, but this post concerned me. I am far from a breeding expert, but I've lurked around these forums enough to know that breeding like this is usually not in the best interest of the cat/kittens/people involved. Does this cat have a pedigree/paperwork or an affiliation with some sort of breeding organization?

I hate to be so forthcoming, but this post makes it sound like your two cats will remain unaltered, and I'm not sure if this kind of DIY breeding is safe or healthy for the cats.
She is threw tica and no it’s ok I understand and originally she wasn’t under active and then the breeder I got her from changed it to active since this little I have called my vet and have decided to spay both my male and female so things like this won’t happen again I really wanted to get into breeding but after this I have realized it just isn’t for me . My mentor had help me and said most of all the things you guys do but I still worried and because of that and the panic made me realize I do not have what it takes for this I appreciate your concern though

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m glad to hear that you are making the best choice for you and for your cats!
Let us know if you’d like help finding a low cost spay clinic near your home. The male can be fixed any time now, and the female in two months. Be sure to keep them totally separated until then.

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m glad to hear that you are making the best choice for you and for your cats!
Let us know if you’d like help finding a low cost spay clinic near your home. The male can be fixed any time now, and the female in two months. Be sure to keep them totally separated until then.
I have allready scheduled hiss appointment it’s next week in the mean time he is going to stay with my mother in-law to be sure he dose not get to the female at all thank you all for the help

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So a update we have two kittens now one passed the vet says it could of been fading kitten syndrome he wasn’t gaining weight or latching on he kept sleeping away from the other two but the other do are fine except the random black one witch btw took me and my mentor by surprise we both are assuming it is because she is a lynx point she produced the black one but the black one (female ) has started to open her eyes expect one of them is still shit and has this odd crust on it recently any tips on what it could be I’ve read it could be conjunctivitis but how do I treat that ?

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Take a dampish warm cloth and gently wipe the gunk off the eyes. I don't know what it is for sure, but it's really important to keep the eyes open and as clean of the sticky stuff as possible.

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Take a dampish warm cloth and gently wipe the gunk off the eyes. I don't know what it is for sure, but it's really important to keep the eyes open and as clean of the sticky stuff as possible.
But there eyes are only some what open do I open that eye ?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, just gently wipe any of that stuff off. If you are able to keep that sticky gunk wiped off the eyes should open all the way naturally by itself.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree! Never force an eye open, but wipe gently across the eyes or lids with a warm, damp cloth. If, once the eyes are open, they are still goopy or crusty, you can buy terramycin antibiotic eye ointment from a vet or online. It treats infection, which is not uncommon in newborn kittens.

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My my kitten is two weeks old and only 5.2 ounces is that bad is there something I should do I try to bottle feed him but he didn’t seem to like the bottle all he dose is sleep

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also we lost the little black female she started breathing threw her mouth and it was to late by the time mama let us get her ☹

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes bottle feed the kitten every few hours. It sounds like mom isnt really nursing or has enough milk.

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your kitten is underweight, but most kittens with a mom will not take a bottle. You’ll need to use a syringe, but first watch this very helpful video about how to feed:

[/URL]

Let us know how this goes!
So unfortunately he passed today I tried with the syringe he was taking it but was to weak I feel like this is all my fault
Momma really didn’t want nothing to do with him it’s like she knew something was wrong with him when we found her with him she barley cleaned him and I tried everything to save them he was gaining weight at first but I guess my try’s where a little to late