Not sure if she’s pregnant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is normal in the couple days preceeding birth. It usually means her body is preparing for labor and delivery. A lot of bright red blood is not usually a good sign. How are things now?
I don’t know what a lot is it’s like mixed with something so it’s more on the pink side I was just freaked out cause she cane from under the bed with all that on her but she’s fine I was able to calm her down and she layed with me for a lil them went back under still after the kitten how much longer till she gives birth you think ?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hang in there, - it's up to the tiny ones inside as to when they decide to come out :)

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hang in there, - it's up to the tiny ones inside as to when they decide to come out :)
So update everything is going wrong she gave birth to two kittens so far it’s not latching on we found the other one dead and all she’s worried about it’s our 3 month old kitten what do I do

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are you able to syringe feed the baby?
So I got him to latch on I’ve removed the other kitten but she still has I’m guessing two inside her and hasn’t pushed them out she used the bathroom and ate so I’m confused is this normal should I take her in

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How long has she been at it? ... probably normal, yes.
Good for to get the baby to latch!
I don’t know I woke up to a kitten and from there it was mayhem she Does not look in destress or anything she’s just laying nursing the kitten at that sleeping

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Things sound fine. She will have more kittens when her body is ready if there are more to come. Good the new kitten is nursing and mom is resting. So sorry about the kitten who did not survive. It’s good you’ve separated the three-month old guy from her. Hang in there and keep us posted!

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So she keeps leaving the kitten to lay with my other adult cat still no more babies but I can see them moving in her I’m getting concerned

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is the newborn crying? Be sure that if she doesn't respond to it, put her back with it.

Also be sure it stays warm when she's away, maybe a hearing pad set on low with a couple towels over it so the heat is very gentle.

If you don't have that, you can take a couple of socks, partially fill them with dry beans or rice, and heat in the microwave. Test on your arm first and set near to the baby so the heat radiates to it rather than actually touching it. These will need to be maintained, but it's better than no warmth :).

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You may need to close her in the room with her kitten, except for a couple of short breaks each day. It’s very important that she be with her newborn right now. Also, as stated above, that the kitten stays warm. It can’t regulate its own body temperature the first 3 weeks.

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You may need to close her in the room with her kitten, except for a couple of short breaks each day. It’s very important that she be with her newborn right now. Also, as stated above, that the kitten stays warm. It can’t regulate its own body temperature the first 3 weeks.
Ok I did that so far she’s been fine with it but what about the kitten still inside of her it’s moving around and everything is it normal for her to stop for this long ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, kitten births can be separated by several days actually. She’ll have it or them before long. Be patient! :)

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have 3 healthy babies I think that’s all of them
Hopefully but the birth this time was so bad she was so exhausted from pushing she just layed there after they came out I found one on a dresser and one on the floor but now she’s being a good mom and nursing them

Attachments

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad that all is ok. Does your mentor think that future deliveries would be safe for this cat?
She thinks cause it was her first time and since she has interrupted labor that she should be fine for next time but honestly I think I’m going to spay her because this was just to traumatic and I can’t tell it took a toll on her

Kitty Beholder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am being mentored by a breeder and have been looking in the process of starting breeding but this one took me by surprise that’s why my cats are not spayed they have there own rooms I keep the male in his own room while being unsupervised and the female sleep in mine but I guess my niece had let the male out while I was at work and low and behold here I am by the time my husband called me I think it was to late my breeder has told me there is a chance she could be pregnant but that it could also be false due to the fact that I did the acupuncture technique I’m just here for some fellow advise yes I know about spaying and neutering my cats because of unwanted kittens and every thing else I have a black male cat who is spayed and everything it’s just my male and to female who are unaltered my last kitten was spayed befor being placed in her new home I’m am very aware of everything
So, I know I'm a bit late on this one. I'm glad the kittens are safely delivered, but this post concerned me. I am far from a breeding expert, but I've lurked around these forums enough to know that breeding like this is usually not in the best interest of the cat/kittens/people involved. Does this cat have a pedigree/paperwork or an affiliation with some sort of breeding organization?

I hate to be so forthcoming, but this post makes it sound like your two cats will remain unaltered, and I'm not sure if this kind of DIY breeding is safe or healthy for the cats.