Not sure if she’s pregnant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How are things going?
Still no babies just waiting patiently at this point maybe she was earlier then I thought is it possible for me to have seen movement early ? But all she dose is lay down and sleep her vulva dose look a bit swollen though I don’t know maybe I’m paying to much attention to her , it’s her first litter and I just wanna make sure I’m there Incase I have to intervene

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So today I’m noticing a little bit of dried up blood on her vulva and tail is that normal ?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not a vet, but I believe it is. She could be getting close to having those babies :)

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so dose that mean she’s close to labor or could it have been her Mucus plug

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
could it have been her Mucus plug
possibly this ... one of the veterinary sites I was looking at indicated maybe today or tomorrow possibly. It's of course totally up to her, or rather those babies :)
Hang in there :thumbsup:

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my cat keep trying to drag my kitten he’s 3 months old into her nest like as if he’s her child she’s been nursing him and stuff too is it cause she’s in labor she’s doing this ?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
goodness, that's some serious nesting instinct going on LOL

Maybe try and save your 3 month old, since when she has her own kittens she may not appreciate his company. There's no way to know for sure, but nonetheless her milk needs to be for the little ones :) Would she accept a soft toy in his place I wonder?

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
goodness, that's some serious nesting instinct going on LOL

Maybe try and save your 3 month old, since when she has her own kittens she may not appreciate his company. There's no way to know for sure, but nonetheless her milk needs to be for the little ones :) Would she accept a soft toy in his place I wonder?
I’m trying to take him
But she keeps looking for him and dragging him now she has went under the bed with him she was screaming for him at one point he was trying to get away but nothings working for her but him atm I don’t know what to do she is now silent so I’m a little confused as to what is going on lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s okay for her to “mother” him a little, but he must be separated and NOT in the nest with newborns once they arrive.

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It’s okay for her to “mother” him a little, but he must be separated and NOT in the nest with newborns once they arrive.
Will he hurt the newborns ? And ok ima try and get him and place him in a different room

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He probably will not hurt them intentionally, but he will be much bigger and therefore take up nest space and milk that the babies need. He needs to be neutered soon too! :)

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He probably will not hurt them intentionally, but he will be much bigger and therefore take up nest space and milk that the babies need. He needs to be neutered soon too! :)
He’s allready neutered and she’s just crying for him every time he leaves it’s like she wants him to nurse I’m so confused I’ve been keeping an eye on her though once she gives birth he’s going to stay with a relative till the kittens are at least a month old to make sure he Dose not take the milk they need

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bless your heart!
At that point, first see if mama even wants him anywhere near. It's possible she'll utterly reject him when she has her own tiny ones to look after and if so, you wouldn't have to send him away :)

Ky_x33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my cat now has blood all over her bottom I’m confused she’s using the bathroom and stuff like normal still acting weird with the kitten I can’t see if there’s still movement in her stomach is this normal ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is normal in the couple days preceeding birth. It usually means her body is preparing for labor and delivery. A lot of bright red blood is not usually a good sign. How are things now?