Not sure if kitten is a Persian

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I dont see much on these pics. Anyways, she is too young to be sure... Many kittens has a teddy - alike faces, and usually grown out of this...

My guess is she isnt persian, or at least, not purebred persian.

Had the seller at least a purebred momma to show?

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
It is hard to tell from those photos- you can't make out her face very well. Did you get to see either of the parents? She has got beautiful tortie markings

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Samskitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I dont see much on these pics. Anyways, she is too young to be sure... Many kittens has a teddy - alike faces, and usually grown out of this...

My guess is she isnt persian, or at least, not purebred persian.

Had the seller at least a purebred momma to show?
Unfortunately no

Samskitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is hard to tell from those photos- you can't make out her face very well. Did you get to see either of the parents? She has got beautiful tortie markings
In I haven’t

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I very much doubt that she's a pure bred Persian. Without papers she would just be considered a Domestic Long Hair. She may have some Persian ancestry, but it's just as likely she got her long fur from another DLH cat.

She's a very pretty girl though, and no less precious for not being any particular breed.

Congratulations on your new kitten!

Samskitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I very much doubt that she's a pure bred Persian. Without papers she would just be considered a Domestic Long Hair. She may have some Persian ancestry, but it's just as likely she got her long fur from another DLH cat.

She's a very pretty girl though, and no less precious for not being any particular breed.

Congratulations on your new kitten!
Thx :) I’ll try to get more clearer pics and I’ll post tmrw

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may have some Persian background, but the face is not Persian, they have an extremely pushed in face. If someone claims any animal is a hundred 100% anything, they should be able to provide papers from at least one parent. No papers, no purebred. Most kittens are fuzzy when they are little anyway. Her tail would indicate whether or not she would be a long hair, it should be very bushy. She is a domestic long hair and an extremely beautiful tortoiseshell calico. What a sweet little girl!

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For sure not a purebred persian. They have very squished in faces and hers look to be normal. A lot of people lie about breeds in kittens just to sell them at a very high price. Its why if you want a specific breed you go to very good breeders that have papered cats. The really good ones are expensive, but they always spay/neuter, vaccinate, microchip, deworm and give extras. The kittens dont leave until at least 12 weeks old. She is stunning none the less, but for not a purebred persian.